Any Mustang Bullitt Owners?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Interesting thread. I've always liked the Bullitt. It really stands out, compared to the striped/aero wing crowd. I also like the chrome, it looks really good in the pic on the other page. I guess wrapping the chrome is no biggie, change your mind, or sell, just rip it off.

OP
OP
TXRaptor

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interesting thread. I've always liked the Bullitt. It really stands out, compared to the striped/aero wing crowd. I also like the chrome, it looks really good in the pic on the other page. I guess wrapping the chrome is no biggie, change your mind, or sell, just rip it off.

Yep! That was my thought exactly. I can wrap it to see if I like it and then, later pull it off to sell or let the new owner pull it off if they do not like the black surround.

I will probably do the same thing with the faux gas cap. It was blacked out in the movie, so I might just cover the Bullitt and bulls-eye with a black circle which can also easily be removed.

OP
OP
TXRaptor

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
MSRP is well over optioned the way you want it. I don’t see how you could get $8000 of considering there are no rebates and only a few thousand in mark up. I work as an FI director at a Ford dealership.

@1roadking

Since you work at a Ford Dealer, do you think the Bullitt deals are real or are they playing games with their online pricing only to add thousands in "dealer upgrades" that no one wants or needs? I plan to stop by there this weekend, but I want to know your thoughts before going in...

1roadking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless the incentives are different where you live and they have dealer cash or rebates that we don’t then id say something is not right with the price.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TXRaptor

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Unless the incentives are different where you live and they have dealer cash or rebates that we don’t then id say something is not right with the price.

Ok, thanks. I knew when I saw the car at $8700 off, something was not quite right. The dealer has several other Bullitts at $6K off, as do other dealers in my area, so I know I will be able to get a good deal from one of them.

Do you think it makes a difference that the car I posted above has been sitting on their lot for more than a year? The date at the bottom of the window sticker is from September of 2018 and the VIN # is very low. (ie. Ending VIN less than 02000)

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Ok, thanks. I knew when I saw the car at $8700 off, something was not quite right. The dealer has several other Bullitts at $6K off, as do other dealers in my area, so I know I will be able to get a good deal from one of them.

Do you think it makes a difference that the car I posted above has been sitting on their lot for more than a year? The date at the bottom of the window sticker is from September of 2018 and the VIN # is very low. (ie. Ending VIN less than 02000)

Sitting for a year? Make sure the tires aren't flat spotted. Happened to me on a new truck that had been sitting. Dealer ended up replacing the 2 worst tires after the usual tug of war, road force balance, etc, other 2 still weren't great. Make sure you test it out on a nice smooth road at high speed.

Other thing to keep in my is that car may have a lower MSRP than an identical one that was built recently. When I got my Raptor, it had been on the lot for 6 months, it had sat through 1 or 2 well timed price increases, so it ended up being about $1000 less than a more recent 2018. So, in theory I ended up getting an extra grand off the truck. If you can find an identical car with a recent build, you might compare the bottom line on the window sticker.

OP
OP
TXRaptor

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As a follow up to this thread, when I contacted the dealer from the ad I posted above, the Bullitt discount went from $8700 to $5700 because they had a "mandatory" $3K of dealer add-ons "already installed" on the car. It took me several email exchanges, but they finally admitted the $3K in add-ons was the Ford Protection Package (paint protection, interior protection, etc.), window tint, wheel locks and the infamous Nitrogen in the tires! Woo Hoo! :rolleyes: ;)

Needless to say, I passed on his great deal and thanks to the replies in this thread, I am now in the hunt for a low mileage Mustang GT350. I took a 2016 with 4K miles for a test ride yesterday and I must say, it was a vast improvement over the 2019 Mustang Bullitt. The smooth-shifting Tremec 6-speed, the awesome sound of the VooDoo engine and overall great look of a blackout car are what sold me on the idea! Plus, as others have stated, the GT350s hold their value quite well over the years... :cool:

Thanks again for saving me from making a rash $$$ decision on the Bullitt!

Bob A

Reaction score
Don't necessarily give on on a Bullitt....

I own Steeda Performance Vehicles and also have in my garage the Steve McQueen Edition Bullitt serial number 001 - it is a supercharged 775+ HP modified and limited production version of the Bullitt Mustang from Ford. It is a performance beast at the least. We are building a total of 300 of these cars for clients in both supercharged (775+) and non-supercharged (550hp) versions. You can check them out at: www.steedavehicles.com

While the GT350 is a really nice performance Mustang, our naturally aspirated McQueen Bullitt version with its powertrain and suspension modifications we have as part of the upgrade package will easily walk all over a GT350. Recently we were at Sebring with a GT350R and a few of our Q-Series Mustangs (similar equipment upgrades as the McQueen cars) and had no problem easily outperforming the GT350R with our NA Q500 cars...and the supercharged version (Q850) was the mic drop event.

The GT350 engine is definitely cool....but the 2019 5.0L engine with dual fuel injection, auto rev matching, combined with the OEM exhaust system makes for some outstanding and authoritative sounds of its own. From a resale perspective, the Ford Bullitt Mustangs have most always held their resale value very well as they definitely appeal to a certain enthusiast that wants an understated performance car with a McQueen connection.

With either car, you wont go wrong....nevertheless, check out our Steve McQueen Edition version before you give up all hope !

OP
OP
TXRaptor

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
While the GT350 is a really nice performance Mustang, our naturally aspirated McQueen Bullitt version with its powertrain and suspension modifications we have as part of the upgrade package will easily walk all over a GT350. Recently we were at Sebring with a GT350R and a few of our Q-Series Mustangs (similar equipment upgrades as the McQueen cars) and had no problem easily outperforming the GT350R with our NA Q500 cars...and the supercharged version (Q850) was the mic drop event.

Interesting first post...

I have seen your packages being discussed on the mustang6g forum, so I am aware of the potential. On the point of outperforming the GT350, you can spend enough money to make any car outperform another.

I think Ford has over allocated their dealers with 2019 Bullitt's, so the idea of them being a collectable car this time around might not hold true, like previous versions. Where I live, there are more than 100 Bullitts sitting on dealership lots with no buyers. They are discounting them quite heavily which points to an overall lack of interest. The few used ones that are available, are priced very close to new ones sitting on dealer lots, so I doubt a serious buyer would consider them.

On the flip side, there are very few new 2019 GT350s available and the resale pricing for used ones shows they still have high interest with buyers. Plus, the awesome sound of the VooDoo engine is music to my ears! :cool:

OP
OP
TXRaptor

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To finish up on this thread, I bought a lightly used 2018 Lead Foot GT350 with 1400 mile last weekend for roughly the same price I would have spent on the 2019 Bullitt. The GT350 with the VooDoo engine is an awesome car and I am glad the people on this thread pointed me in that direction. In the end, I feel it is a much better car and it will hold its value much more than the Bullitt.

Like my Raptor, this car has no chrome and I like the factory wheel/tires, along with all of the extras that come with the Shelby brand. (5.2L Flat Plane Crank, Tremec 6-speed, MagneRide Suspension, Active Exhaust, Over the Top stripe, etc.) If you really miss the sound of an "Awesome V8" like a lot of us old-school muscle car guys, go out and grab yourself a GT350! You will not be disappointed!

Here is a quick look at the car and how it sits in my garage next to the Raptor.

Knp5jdN9R0aZc73VhO7H2A.jpg

d2Og42vhT%WFtEvt3uHWFw.jpg