Antitheft systems needed for Raptor R?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dvm

Reaction score
This guy is an ass clown. He sells IGLA. I'll keep my Ravelco.
I don’t sell this stuff. Nice comment ass clown.

My TRX had Ravelco. Attempted theft and had to reprogram a whole new key set. Introduce IGLA. Now they can’t. They still can flat bed the truck out. So be it.

Now I also have a Durango hellcat that I put IGLA on.

My R when delivered will get it also.

Could care less what you do and what you believe in. The reality is protect your stuff in whatever way you want to, because the police aren’t helping much.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

My TRX had Ravelco. Attempted theft and had to reprogram a whole new key set. Introduce IGLA. Now they can’t. They still can flat bed the truck out. So be it.

Could care less what you do and what you believe in. The reality is protect your stuff in whatever way you want to, because the police aren’t helping much.
FIFY

Gator85

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I MEANT the guy in the video! He does have his hair with highlights though!

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn - people are stealing TRX's like that?

Where are they going? If outside of America, why can't there be legislation to search and run ALL VINs before they leave the port?

Is there a Nation Wide APB system when a vehicle is stolen?

Oh and, Garage? Are they being stolen in day light in a parking lot?

smurfslayer

Reaction score
Damn - people are stealing TRX's like that?

Where are they going? If outside of America, why can't there be legislation to search and run ALL VINs before they leave the port?

Is there a Nation Wide APB system when a vehicle is stolen?

Oh and, Garage? Are they being stolen in day light in a parking lot?

The Rap is so simple to get into a child could do it so it’s not a stretch the TRX can be snagged simply.
note, I said get into. as for the key, that’s a different issue.

GLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Rap is so simple to get into a child could do it so it’s not a stretch the TRX can be snagged simply.
note, I said get into. as for the key, that’s a different issue.
Even the lowlife scumbag thieves can program a blank key fob in less than 2 minutes. Ask me how I know -- the whole thing was on the hotel's security cam and they were driving my Gen 2 away in less than 3 minutes. I still haven't Ravelco'd or IGLA'd my Gen 3, but I'm going to.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
Even the lowlife scumbag thieves can program a blank key fob in less than 2 minutes. Ask me how I know -- the whole thing was on the hotel's security cam and they were driving my Gen 2 away in less than 3 minutes. I still haven't Ravelco'd or IGLA'd my Gen 3, but I'm going to.
How in the heck ... I’m not trying to hear that.
damn

GLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was extremely disheartening, to say the least. There are several threads here on FRF where others have experienced the same thing. I had no idea how easy they are to steal until I researched, after the fact. They stick a long pair of pliers in behind the grill and cut the horn so that the alarm doesn't sound when they break in / open the door (by the way, there are aftermarket solutions that address this issue as well), then they program a key fob and are on their way. In many cases, they gain door access by hanging around nearby with a scanning device that steals the unlock code when the owner pushes the unlock button on the remote.

IIRC you are in the San Antonio area? Mine occurred in Houston, and these two cities are the hotbed for stolen Raptors. In many cases, they take them to a warehouse, put them in a shipping container, and truck them across the border.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
I didn’t know the (re) programming equipment was that ubiquitous.
How do they know if they pick up a hit that it belongs to the vehicle they’re trying to swipe? or do they just wait for something to light up and go for it?