Raptor R Comes in damaged

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it showed up and it was a train wreck underneath. Service manager was hard to deal with on it but after a month of back and fourth, they are ordering all of the parts to get it to where it needs to be.
Pictures?

OP
OP
TBONE21

TBONE21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are just a few. 3 out of 4 wheels were damaged. Rear bumper and sensor was hit and broke as well along with all the salt that has eaten up underneath the truck.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wheels, bumper, sensor may be a different story (not pictured apparently?), but that rust is extremely light surface rust that is unavoidable if your truck was really built 1/23. Not really sure what your issue is with that, this is how it's going to look after one winter either way.

Maybe I'm missing something though, happens a lot.

OP
OP
TBONE21

TBONE21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wheels, bumper, sensor may be a different story (not pictured apparently?), but that rust is extremely light surface rust that is unavoidable if your truck was really built 1/23. Not really sure what your issue is with that, this is how it's going to look after one winter either way.

Maybe I'm missing something though, happens a lot.
I dont think too many people would be happy with spending that kind of money on this truck and it being in that condition off the truck. The surface rust, I spray painted over it with the gloss black anti rust. I know the frame cant be replaced so I worked on it myself. Even the brake lines are corroded. None of my trucks look like that with 100k miles on them after several winters. Not to mention off the truck looking that bad.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont think too many people would be happy with spending that kind of money on this truck and it being in that condition off the truck. The surface rust, I spray painted over it with the gloss black anti rust. I know the frame cant be replaced so I worked on it myself. Even the brake lines are corroded. None of my trucks look like that with 100k miles on them after several winters. Not to mention off the truck looking that bad.
Well off the truck, most of these are filthy and need to be cleaned up. I don't see the brake lines in your pictures either so it's hard to tell what's going on. It seems like the chief complaints, wheels damaged, sensors, bumpers, and now brake lines are not in your pictures you posted. Do you have those?

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Are they replacing the skid plate for you? Gotta say, there is only one picture out of what you posted that I would really have any concern with.