Raptor R Comes in damaged

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBONE21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I have been reading alot about the Raptor R in hopes mine shows up soon. As I have been reading, I have been seeing a few coming in damaged. The ones that have been in production for 6 months with the repairs have arrived with interior parts damaged like the rear sets. Also im seeing some fenders scratched and messed up. Lastly Ive seen some of the bolts that hold those front fenders on with the paint broke from taking them off. Now I know that's not a big deal but a car dealer would see that paint broken on those bolts and assume it had been wrecked which could hurt value.

What does everyone think about this? Would you pass on the R or take it and make them fix EVERYTHING?

So far my plan is to check mine when it comes in with a fine tooth comb. If anything is damaged then I am going to ask them to fix it right down to the paint on those bolts.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I have been reading alot about the Raptor R in hopes mine shows up soon. As I have been reading, I have been seeing a few coming in damaged. The ones that have been in production for 6 months with the repairs have arrived with interior parts damaged like the rear sets. Also im seeing some fenders scratched and messed up. Lastly Ive seen some of the bolts that hold those front fenders on with the paint broke from taking them off. Now I know that's not a big deal but a car dealer would see that paint broken on those bolts and assume it had been wrecked which could hurt value.

What does everyone think about this? Would you pass on the R or take it and make them fix EVERYTHING?

So far my plan is to check mine when it comes in with a fine tooth comb. If anything is damaged then I am going to ask them to fix it right down to the paint on those bolts.
I'd wait and see if yours comes in damaged, then you can have them fix everything.

But, odds are your truck will show up acceptable.

Last edited:

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
If it arrives damaged its on either the rail yard or the transport company to fix. Thats IF the dealer sees the issue (if not its on the dealer to fix).

This is part of my job at the dealership, I inspect all vehicles that arrive. Now if the dealership is shady they will try to pass it off onto the customer since most dont look their purchase over.

Id definitely look it over if it was me buying something that expensive and point out every little thing. Sht i completely looked over my 13 rap like that when i got it used a couple years back Lol.

houckhogan

Reaction score
My 23 showed up with a hand full of paint imperfections and scratches. I'm sure my dealer will do nothing about it, even though I've brought it up. I've never owned a new ford and only ever had 2 TRXs from factory and I thought that was a Stellantis thing to show up looking like junk... Turns out Ford is worse.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
You've answered your own question. Man you need to quit stressing over something that hasn't even shown up. Let's see what it looks like and get them to fix it--case closed.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I quit carefully inspecting vehicles about 30 new vehicles ago. I’ve never really seen damage to a new vehicle I’ve purchased, and if there was, the dealer probably fixed it before I got there, or in one instance with a 911, emailed me and told me the rear fender plastic protection had a piece of dirt under it and needed to be replaced. It took months until that was accomplished. I take a walk around, grab the keys and happily take off, knowing I’ll be trading it in within a year or two anyway.

OP
OP
TBONE21

TBONE21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You've answered your own question. Man you need to quit stressing over something that hasn't even shown up. Let's see what it looks like and get them to fix it--case closed.
Well it showed up and it was a train wreck underneath. Service manager was hard to deal with on it but after a month of back and fourth, they are ordering all of the parts to get it to where it needs to be.