Raptor R vs regular raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Avi

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am in the market for a Raptor R. I know I'm pretty screwed since I just joined the hunt for an R. I just put my name on the list for a porsche that comes out in at least three years and hasn't been announced yet. I realize I should've done that for the R too but here I am now anyways.

The reason I want the R over the regular raptor is honestly just the power and the sound. I know it's easier to find and order a regular raptor or even the 37 raptor right now but I want the v8 and not a trx. Is there any secret or anything to finding an R without paying 50k markup? I know some people may say it's just the market and you have to pay it if you want a limited product, but it's not for me. As much as I love a v8, a 50% markup for an f150 seems pretty dumb to me and is pushing me towards a v6 raptor which I have seen for msrp at my local dealership.

TIA

1966 F100 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a dealer here quote me 132k for a regular raptor out the door just late last week. It did not have the 37 package.
For not much more than that there will be R's avail. for 150k or less

PK37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I traded a 2022 -37pkg for a R…. Had I not been fortunate to have my dealer sell at MSRP, I would have been very happy with a 37…. The ride is the same to me … but the 700hp is intoxicating when you press the pedal!!! You can’t go wrong with either!!

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate to break it to you but you’re too late…

Unless you are willing to pay the markup, best to just pick up a 37 package.

Good luck

This one just sold today on eBay for 160k.

jamie140

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am in the market for a Raptor R. I know I'm pretty screwed since I just joined the hunt for an R. I just put my name on the list for a porsche that comes out in at least three years and hasn't been announced yet. I realize I should've done that for the R too but here I am now anyways.

The reason I want the R over the regular raptor is honestly just the power and the sound. I know it's easier to find and order a regular raptor or even the 37 raptor right now but I want the v8 and not a trx. Is there any secret or anything to finding an R without paying 50k markup? I know some people may say it's just the market and you have to pay it if you want a limited product, but it's not for me. As much as I love a v8, a 50% markup for an f150 seems pretty dumb to me and is pushing me towards a v6 raptor which I have seen for msrp at my local dealership.

TIA
This is you:
The reason I want the R over the regular raptor is honestly just the power and the sound. I know it's easier to find and order a regular raptor or even the 37 raptor right now but I want the v8 and not a trx

This is you:
but it's not for me. As much as I love a v8, a 50% markup for an f150 seems pretty dumb to me and is pushing me towards a v6 raptor which I have seen for msrp at my local dealership.
Crazy eyed chicks sound like this too. But at least they're entertaining in the sack.

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys,

TIA
low quality thread. Stop sh!ting up frf.

darkknight

Reaction score
What are you waiting for a GT3RS? or 992 Speedster? W
on “list” is no guarantee unless you’ve done business with them for years it’s doubtful they’re going to sell you one of those in MSRP. Raptor R they produce almost every day at a factory near Detroit full of people who dont GAS. The good thing about the raptor R is that Really the only major option choices on it is the sunroof and color so here’s what you do what’s your name down at a dealer you’ve done business with before and wait. One will come up in a few mos or next year. Don’t buy something you don’t want? If women werent available would you buy men? If you don’t need a V-8 buy the regular truck, my ecoboost was quick enough, but I want a V-8