Antitheft systems needed for Raptor R?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CarbonFiber01

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I’m coming out of a TRX, which is easily stolen under 30 seconds nowadays. I had IG LA system in it. Does Raptor R need this too?

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think Ravelco is the typical recommendation around these parts.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are they stolen as frequently as the TRX is?
I don't know any hard data on that, but I hear anecdotal evidence in the Denver airport - Mexico border area they were being stolen with a high degree of frequency for a period of time. That may not be true anymore though, hopefully some guys more familiar with the issue will chime in. I'm going to have RAVELCO installed just for peace of mind.

dvm

Reaction score
I'd probably skip Ravelco after seeing this guy's videos:

This!!

Unfortunately IGLA and compustar/drone are the way to go.

Ravelco will still allow for key reprogramming while IGLA will not. Also retain remote start.

Image that Ravelco saves you vehicle from getting stolen and you still have to get it towed because they made a new key and inactivated all previous fobs.

OP
OP
C

CarbonFiber01

Reaction score
No my truck did t get stolen with an IGLA system installed but I also didn’t temp fate by leaving at the airport or such. I live in a relatively safe area but one can never be too cautious. I was just wondering what everyone was doing for an anti theft system and that if the R’s were as easily stolen as the TRX’s…

Gator85

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This!!

Unfortunately IGLA and compustar/drone are the way to go.

Ravelco will still allow for key reprogramming while IGLA will not. Also retain remote start.

Image that Ravelco saves you vehicle from getting stolen and you still have to get it towed because they made a new key and inactivated all previous fobs.
This guy is an ass clown. He sells IGLA. I'll keep my Ravelco.