Antenna Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gravityzone

Reaction score
Cutting the stock antenna

I have a craven speed antenna for sale. I mounted it the day I got home and it sucked. I ended up removing the ball on the stock one and cutting off 4", then put the ball back on. works great, doesnt hit my garage door.

How did you get the ball off the end and how did you re-attach it?

Also, did you notice any/much loss of reception with the 4" off?

Thanks,

CAbimmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
put the antenna in a vice, put some vice grips loose over the end but smaller than the ball. tapped it with a hammer (dont let it go flying). Cut off 4"s sanded the end down some so the ball would fit. smacked it on with a hammer, good to go. works great.

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks fine, it doesnt work.

Its definitely a geographic thing. The handful of stations that I listen to, one of which is 45 miles away, all broadcast at or above 50k watts. So I have no reception issues in the valley. However, as soon as I drive over the hills, the reception starts to get sketchy, if not disappearing altogether....but that's why I pay for Sirius. :waytogo:

CAbimmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its definitely a geographic thing. The handful of stations that I listen to, one of which is 45 miles away, all broadcast at or above 50k watts. So I have no reception issues in the valley. However, as soon as I drive over the hills, the reception starts to get sketchy, if not disappearing altogether....but that's why I pay for Sirius. :waytogo:

Im sure it is, but I live in the metro area and its flat as can be out here. No big deal.

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled mine off the F250, not sure why I need it. I don't listen to the radio. Sirius, iPhone or CD..... FTW !

Gravityzone

Reaction score
All depends on where you live and what you listen to. I love the look of the Craven, but I only get decent reception if I'm holding onto it....lol....

Thanks CAbimmer for your instructions - I'll give that a try.