Another Oil Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alex Rueter

Reaction score
That's surprising. I use the motorcraft 5w-30 and change at 3k miles and i was just thinking how good it looked at 3k compared to some of my other vehicles.

davea

Reaction score
You have 2 turbro's on that engine. If you changed oil at 500 mi it would look the same (Black). All tubro engines will make the oil black in just a few miles. I have that engine in my Navagtor and the mechanic said that is normal for any turbo engine.

hekster1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been using Amsoil for many many years together with their oil filter. As far as I can tell, no issues...

dilmorecg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely get it analyzed. I do that with all my cars. Just did my first one on my Raptor at 10k mi. and everything was normal.

Mj1anderson

Reaction score
I'm also an avid AMSOIL user.
Knowing the AMSOIL team well and their commitment to being the best in the business my Raptor, sleds, four wheeler etc ALL get AMSOIL products!
I'd recommend everyone go to their website and sign up as preferred customer as you get huge discounts off their products and off shipping!
There is a cost to be a PC (like $25.00 I think) but well worth it!

Frank R

Reaction score
I already have Amsoil in my truck even with the amsoil they want you to change it every 5000 miles have Amsoil in the rear differential also when I bought the Ford performance differential cover have not done the transfer case yet I hear the front Diff is a real pain in the butt

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm running Amsoil SS/MC filter.

For my driving conditions, I can get about 6800 miles (11000kms) according to Blackstone UOA. I'm still debating whether to change at 5000 mi or extend the OCI. 5K is better for other maintenance items like tire rotation, fluid check etc.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put the Amsoil SS and a Wix filter on my Gen 1 at the end of Dec 2019 and it looks like new oil. Only have about 3,300 miles on it.

Either you don't drive it or you're oil isn't cleaning the engine as it should. Oil darkens because it's doing it's job cleaning the engine...no matter the brand.