Another Oil Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Todd Sherman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2019 Gen 2 5600 miles on it and have had two oil changes so far at the dealer with the.Motorcraft Synthetic Blend 5W-30 Oil. This oil looks shot after 1200 miles, looks burnt and I also notice there is definitely fuel dilution as the Oil clearly smells like gas which is somewhat normal on Direct Injection engines. So yesterday I had the Oil Changed at my dealership but I brought my own oil with Amsoil Signature Series 5W30 and am anxious to see any difference. My dealer was super cool and was happy to change it and used my oil and then they put on a new Motorcraft Filter.

Curious if anyone has seen differences in running higher end synthetic vs. factory Motrocraft Synthetic Blend.

Buzzard2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put the Amsoil SS and a Wix filter on my Gen 1 at the end of Dec 2019 and it looks like new oil. Only have about 3,300 miles on it.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
2019 Gen 2 5600 miles on it and have had two oil changes so far at the dealer with the.Motorcraft Synthetic Blend 5W-30 Oil. This oil looks shot after 1200 miles, looks burnt and I also notice there is definitely fuel dilution as the Oil clearly smells like gas which is somewhat normal on Direct Injection engines. So yesterday I had the Oil Changed at my dealership but I brought my own oil with Amsoil Signature Series 5W30 and am anxious to see any difference. My dealer was super cool and was happy to change it and used my oil and then they put on a new Motorcraft Filter.

Curious if anyone has seen differences in running higher end synthetic vs. factory Motrocraft Synthetic Blend.

maybe have it analyzed? It’s only about 40 bucks to get an oil sample processed by blackstone.

OP
OP
T

Todd Sherman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am definitely going to have it analyzed once a I get some mileage on it. thx for feedback

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
these things seem to need good break in up to about 5,000. Id be interested to see how it does from here out.

Traffic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AMSOIL and that’s it. Pretty much every car I have ever owned, has never let me down.

It’s interesting because I’ve been on a bunch of different forums over the years. (Mustang 5G, Focus ST, Focus RS, Sti forums, etc.)

This is the first forum I’ve been on where a really large number of people mention using AMSOIL. It’s not cheap, but really good.

And I only use OEM filters. Although I’ve read the Wix and Amsoil filters are supposed to be good too. I just like Motorcraft in Ford vehicles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

zemuron99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 I also notice there is definitely fuel dilution as the Oil clearly smells like gas which is somewhat normal on Direct Injection engines. Curious if anyone has seen differences in running higher end synthetic vs. factory Motrocraft Synthetic Blend.

Mobil-1 Full synthetic since the first change at 1800 miles. I ran that oil in my '89 v-6 Tacoma and that engine purred like new up to when I sold it at 187k miles. I've done 4 changes at mileage from 4200 miles to 6800 miles and NEVER had a measurable fuel dilution (all reports were <0.5%) nor any fues smell to my oil.

Todd, curious as to your driving habits...lots of short trips where things don't get up to normal temps for long to burn off any fuel in the oil, or a mix of shorter and longer trips? Might that have anything to do w/fuel dilution? I"d second the recommendation above, if it smells like fuel, have Blackstone (or any other oil analysis lab) run it through and see what comes back. Others have put up their B'stone reports for comparison, and I'd be happy to share mine as well.

OP
OP
T

Todd Sherman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Zemuron, yes I do think that my driving habits over the past 4 months or so have been a lot of shorter trips and figuring that this is contributing to the overall situation.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
AMSOIL and that’s it. Pretty much every car I have ever owned, has never let me down.

It’s interesting because I’ve been on a bunch of different forums over the years. (Mustang 5G, Focus ST, Focus RS, Sti forums, etc.)

This is the first forum I’ve been on where a really large number of people mention using AMSOIL. It’s not cheap, but really good.

And I only use OEM filters. Although I’ve read the Wix and Amsoil filters are supposed to be good too. I just like Motorcraft in Ford vehicles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’d use a ford filter if they put the damn thing in a normal easy to access location on the engine instead of sideways up in hard to reach spot - so I use K&N simply b/c you can remove easily.

I also use amsoil SS 5w30

I got hooked on amsoil products after trying them out for a full
Fluid swap on my Z06 I could
Literally immediately FEEL the difference between their tranny fluid & mobil1 that I had tried previous. It’s a Manual tranny car w/ noisy synchros & a lot of power so you can def notice a difference in feel/smoothness from fluid swap- since then I’ve been using their products exclusively in my vehicles that I care about or plan to keep long term.