Another new check in from Texas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhoIsJFB

Reaction score
Greeting and Merry Christmas from west Texas. For 10 months I've been running the sand hills in a 13' red Supercrew, loaded with everything including factory installed head rest monitors.
Normal mods, brought to you by Roush, including Kooks long tubes and a custom tune. Front end is held together with RPG LCA,s and steering tie rods... up and down is controlled by new Fox 3.0 tuned coil overs. Waiting on Santa to drop me some rear springs for Christmas.
I do have one question for the brain trust. My truck stays on the hard top 70% of the time, I do make a couple of week/half week desert runs a year. That being said, you gentlemen that have installed rear frame supports with bump stops, was that done as a preventive or done as a necessity to right something that Ford wronged?
Thanks for all the knowledge Ive gained from you guys already, and a bigger thank you for whats to come!

TEXAS MOTORWORX

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Wow, sounds like you have a great start! Welcome!

Bump stops are a great idea to protect the frame. I would definitely put that on your list to Santa.

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
Welcome!

Yes the bump stop kits with frame support are pretty much a must if you off road more than "mildly". The factory foam-rubber bumps that are mounted directly under the frame are garbage and transfer all that energy directly into the frame. Not good.

Bump kits such as SVC's A.B.S. (adjustable bump system) is a great choice. Designed to absorb that energy into the bumps and transfer into the connecting crossmember, not the frame. Another great perk of this kit is its adjustability, allowing you to run stock or aftermarket leafs (such as deaver, which we reccomend) and also allowing you to move the bump position downwards to provide greater handling and control when your towing or hauling. What this means is you only have to own 1 set of bumps. Saving you money down the road.

Let me know if you have any questions, I'll be happy to help!

-Joseph Haynes

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hello!

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg