And so it begins......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure if this was asked …did you calibrate with forscan for the change in tire height?

Last edited:

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did some reading and looks like you had the dealer put on wheels and tires so they probably recalculated for them. No surprises but that would make @lawraptor hypothesis wrong.

lawraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did some reading and looks like you had the dealer put on wheels and tires so they probably recalculated for them. No surprises but that would make @lawraptor hypothesis wrong.
It actually doesn't. How does that fact make my position wrong? You're not even on 1st base bud. Everyone's running circles around you.

What does "recalculating for them" mean? You're clueless.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It actually doesn't. How does that fact make my position wrong? You're not even on 1st base bud. Everyone's running circles around you.

What does "recalculating for them" mean? You're clueless.
So you asked me what something means and I’m clueless?

I rest my case.

OP
OP
W

wreckitshaw

Reaction score
Not sure if this was asked …did you calibrate with forscan for the change in tire height?

No the truck was not recalibrated for tire size. I spoke to two different techs as well as a tech they flew in from the southeast region from ford. The tires had absolutely nothing to do with the fault in the IWE and hub system.

They told me it was faulty from the factory, hence the reason the regional tech came in.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No the truck was not recalibrated for tire size. I spoke to two different techs as well as a tech they flew in from the southeast region from ford. The tires had absolutely nothing to do with the fault in the IWE and hub system.

They told me it was faulty from the factory, hence the reason the regional tech came in.
Nice but the recalibration would definitely improve drivability. I immediately noticed shift points being off before i recalibrated. I’m surprised or maybe I’m not that the dealer didn’t do this as part of the swap.
At least you’re fixed now.

OP
OP
W

wreckitshaw

Reaction score
Nice but the recalibration would definitely improve drivability. I immediately noticed shift points being off before i recalibrated. I’m surprised or maybe I’m not that the dealer didn’t do this as part of the swap.
At least you’re fixed now.

Truck drives beautifully. The dealership used a third party to do the work. They warrantied it and sold it to me.

I've done forscan for the speedo and other things. Maybe I'll look into tire height.