GEN 2 AMSOIL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m running Amsoil SS 5w30 and it’s a great oil. I can get about 6500 miles OCI. There’s some other great oils out there like Mobil 1, Motul, Rotella etc.

Whats important is great maintenance. Get intimate with your vehicle and perform your own maintenance.

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did a 5k oil change on AMSOIL.
3677920e06cfef32ac4867436adedfc9.jpg

I would argue it didn’t hold up any better than Mobil 1 full synthetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
“The best” is probably the wrong way to put it. I run Amsoil and I am very loyal to it. That said, the better way to put it is that Amsoil is a premium synthetic oil. You can’t go wrong with it. But there are other premium synthetic oils that are also very good. You really can’t go wrong with any of them, especially if you follow good maintenance intervals and do it yourself so it is done right, for sure.

Scottx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My $$$$ goes to red line and lessor vehicles Honda Accord
Wife’s mustang get mobile one full syn.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here’s a UOA Amsoil SS 5000 miles. Probably gonna go 10000 kms (6200 miles) next oil change. The oil life gauge is aligned with this OCI also.

EDIT: previous UOA is Rotella T6

63385CC7-C170-4A56-8D3D-B5CC3EEFED9B.jpeg

Last edited:

TheDirtHerder

Reaction score
I am in the process of switching all of my tractors, semis, vehicles and anything with a motor to Schaeffer's fluids and grease. I am partial because my brother-in-law is a rep, but after his demonstration, I was sold. He also has been using it for 30 years in his personal vehicles and race cars.
There is a local trucking company and shop that has a 6.0 Powerstroke master that is going to do some work on my 6.0. They run 37 trucks and that is all they use. They are getting .5-1 gal better fuel mileage and dropping the oil every 40,000 miles instead of every 10,000. Schaeffer's is big on testing fluids before you switch and during use. You just have to buy the test kit for $6 that come with a prepaid shipping package.
Like others have said, it is a personal preference and there are some other good oils out there. It is definitely worth checking out though.

Mj1anderson

Reaction score
I'm a firm believer in AMSOIL.
I've been using their signature series since I burnt up my turbo in my old 2014 Explorer.
Sign up on line as a preferred customer as it gives you BIG discounts off oil and other products.
They run frequent no cost shipping and they average less than 2 day shipping for ALL of the lower 48. Great company, great people, great product!