AMS boost tubes issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Coldsteele35

Reaction score
So I’ve got a 19 with a tune, CAI, and intercoolor. I added the boost tubes from AMS and tightened to their specs and first problem the plastic bent. I emailed AMS and they asked if I had an aftermarket intercooler and I said yes I have a Cobb intercooler. They said it’s a known issue and their engineers are working in it. Thought about changing them out but didn’t, will be now. Started her up tonight and it just sounded different pooped the hood and one of the tubes was disconnected going to the passenger side. Who knows if I caught it right away but raw air isn’t good obviously. Will be pulling these off right away, pretty disappointed, plus the connections were really tight, when initially putting together.

P4mnceBlue82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I’ve got a 19 with a tune, CAI, and intercoolor. I added the boost tubes from AMS and tightened to their specs and first problem the plastic bent. I emailed AMS and they asked if I had an aftermarket intercooler and I said yes I have a Cobb intercooler. They said it’s a known issue and their engineers are working in it. Thought about changing them out but didn’t, will be now. Started her up tonight and it just sounded different pooped the hood and one of the tubes was disconnected going to the passenger side. Who knows if I caught it right away but raw air isn’t good obviously. Will be pulling these off right away, pretty disappointed, plus the connections were really tight, when initially putting together.
Havent had the issue with plastic bending but if u look in the other AMS thread I also had issues. They were designed for 17-18 and apparently 19 has some changes. Biggest issue is the red and grey clip wont reach to connection points without being un taped and stretched. Creates a lot of tension on clips, tubes, and connection points.
The clamps coming loose is a common issue and is mentioned on FRL install video. Just need to recheck and tighten them a few times in the beginning. Mine did same thing and popped off on passenger side where intake connects. Had to tighten clamps a few times the first week. They have seemed to settle In and stay tight since.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Coldsteele35

Reaction score
Havent had the issue with plastic bending but if u look in the other AMS thread I also had issues. They were designed for 17-18 and apparently 19 has some changes. Biggest issue is the red and grey clip wont reach to connection points without being un taped and stretched. Creates a lot of tension on clips, tubes, and connection points.
The clamps coming loose is a common issue and is mentioned on FRL install video. Just need to recheck and tighten them a few times in the beginning. Mine did same thing and popped off on passenger side where intake connects. Had to tighten clamps a few times the first week. They have seemed to settle In and stay tight since.

Thanks for your input I’ve had them on for several weeks, but IMHO anyways they shouldn’t come lose. Sure fire way to destroy your engine and not worth the risk. Of course the plastic being bent can’t be helping. Once they get the issue resolved they stated they will make it right so we will see, stocks going back on tomorrow.