Am I in the minority or majority regarding OEM wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford probably had to go to a steal weights (and during the process went to stick on style weights) since distribution of lead tire weights is illegal in just about every state now. The stick on weights do look nicer, but the clip on weights that go on the out side do a way better job balancing.

Checked with a magnet and the clip on weights I've got are steel. They're attached to both the outside and inside of the rims; think they're that way on all four wheels.

Are the interior diameter weights a cost saving for the company?

Badrap

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I really like mine. I found some Pro comps that are totally blacked out but, on another thread I am considering the powder coat on the OEM wheels.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Love the stock wheels. Bear in mind when trying to save weight that all 17" wheels are not the same...important when considering that these trucks can fly.

On other trucks I've tended to upgrade within the OEM wheel lineup, e.g., had Z71 Tahoe wheels on my last Sierra with GMC center caps.

Modernly it seems I can't find an aftermarket wheel I like that hasn't been *BEDAZZLED* with rivet heads around it. Most every aftermarket manufacturer out there seems to want to make their wheels the center of attention of the vehicle. I want something that complements the vehicle.

bassassassin

Reaction score
I like the style of the factory wheels as well. Like having the sidewall height on the tires, thinking about powdercoating the entire wheel black since my truck is oxford white the contrast interests me.