Am I crazy for considering a ~$60k Gen1?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's a daily driver, probably not your best option. If it's a weekend toy, I think mid-50s (40k truck + 15k upgrades) seems more reasonable assuming it's a 2013 or 2014 in good condition.

OP
OP
reagle

reagle

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it's a daily driver, probably not your best option. If it's a weekend toy, I think mid-50s (40k truck + 15k upgrades) seems more reasonable assuming it's a 2013 or 2014 in good condition.
It would be DD/toy. I average about 9k miles a year, but would hope to do some TRR or Expedition runs

laselvasurf

Reaction score
Prices are high, but seem to be stabilizing. If you're not in a hurry, I'd pass on this one as it sounds like the seller is asking about $15K too much for the truck. I could see a $45K asking price being about right, if it had a perfect maintenance history and all the aftermarket parts were purchased new and professionally installed.

Killjoy

Reaction score
We are going to sell our 2012 soon that we have had since 14 miles on the odometer. Probably going to go for $40k in preparation for the new Raptor R as we have been waiting for the v8 to return. 135k miles currently but literally we upgraded AND replaced all components as the wife and I went offroad on weekends here in AZ and NV when we lived there and always maintained the vehicle. For comparison here are the things we upgraded. 37" BFG's on Method wheels, Gibson 4" catback exhaust (sounds amazing), Whipple supercharged and tuned to nearly 700hp (fun but more than it needs). Icon adjustable shocks, reinforced front gussets, Alpha bump stop, offset the wheels another 1" plus with larger fender flares so it looks a bit more aggressive, led lights, transmission cooler with 2 additional fans and flipback tonneau. Now for whats been replaced at 100k. Rebuilt shocks (new fluid, etc), New crate motor from Peoria Ford in AZ (warrantied), new transmission, driveline, rear end, new slotted/vented brakes. Interior completely intact and stock with no tears in seats etc. We basically kept it fully warrantied through Ford ESP all the way to 127k when it ran out.

And I agree with you that we've always like the Gen 1 for uniqueness and the v8. So we ONLY are going to sell after we get fully moved back to AZ from KC but figured I'd tell you what we'd look for ours. Our original investment was $103k and it was in the 2012 SEMA Show in Las Vegas, purchased from Gaudin Ford.

NSB-Raptor.jpg

wjoutlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve come across a very clean Gen1, built very well and represented by a reputable shop. It does have 90k on it, but may be one of the cleanest I’ve seen. Said to have $35k in parts (fresh Icon stage 4, tune, exhaust, lighting, bumpers etc)
The seller is looking for north of $60k, but flexible. (And he very well may be on here!)
Am I crazy for considering this?
I just paid $60k for a 2014 Gen 1 SVT with the 6.2L V8 and it only had 21k miles on it. 90k miles would make me pause a bit. I would try and negotiate the price down as much as possible.

Steve Parker

Reaction score
I’ve come across a very clean Gen1, built very well and represented by a reputable shop. It does have 90k on it, but may be one of the cleanest I’ve seen. Said to have $35k in parts (fresh Icon stage 4, tune, exhaust, lighting, bumpers etc)
The seller is looking for north of $60k, but flexible. (And he very well may be on here!)
Am I crazy for considering this?
Sounds High considering I have a friend who is selling a gen 1 Roush (super charged)with 55k mikes and new tires for $57k. Garage kept. Msg me if interested

TannerK17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to say there was a built Roush with an Icon stage 4 kit and a lot of extras with 100K miles on it going for around $50K not that long ago in southern Nevada. This is with all the work recently done this year by a very good shop out of Las Vegas. So for what it’s worth, there’s plenty out there with the same mods for a little less or the same.

That said, I have 90K on my ‘13 and hope to get another 120-140K out of it. So if you have the money to spend and you’re not going to put too many miles on it, make yourself happy. Or, buy a clean, stock Gen 1 for around $40K with the same miles and build it yourself so you know what is done to it and it’s your own in that sense.

The choice is yours and good luck either way!