Am I crazy for considering a ~$60k Gen1?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Macdaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the rule was only pay for what the truck is worth NOT WITH ADD ONS. Modifications are personal choices not usually something you can pass on to a future sale. Unless those add ons are what you really like and wanted then I guess pay for them.

KOBRA2848

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I been going back and forth on selling my 2014 with 27,000 miles. Carvana offered me $50k in June but the dealer I bought it from offered me $56k trade in but I don’t need another vehicle. I agree that non factory don’t increase value most of the time.

Mark

Ruckus08

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sold my 2013 Roush w/about 35k in upgrades (not including the Roush supercharger) and 120k miles for 40K about a month ago. 60K price tag is ridiculous for that many miles, really for any mileage Gen1 IMO. I’d start the offer with 40k and wouldn’t pay more than 45k if I were you.

13rapblktor

Reaction score
I just bought a GEN 1 with 123k for $32k it’s in pristine shape changed plugs and exhaust I wanted a GEN 2 but 30 over 60-80 was good enough for me. I’m already looking to trade mine for a GEN 2……….

Ezekiel210

Reaction score
There are some really clean 2014 Roush Raptors on eBay right now with 30k going for 60k so the one your looking at seems priced way high regardless of goodies. I would go for one of those if your wanting to get a real nice Gen 1.
I bought my 2014 Special Edition in Feb this year & love it!

OP
OP
reagle

reagle

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to say there was a built Roush with an Icon stage 4 kit and a lot of extras with 100K miles on it going for around $50K not that long ago in southern Nevada. This is with all the work recently done this year by a very good shop out of Las Vegas. So for what it’s worth, there’s plenty out there with the same mods for a little less or the same.

That said, I have 90K on my ‘13 and hope to get another 120-140K out of it. So if you have the money to spend and you’re not going to put too many miles on it, make yourself happy. Or, buy a clean, stock Gen 1 for around $40K with the same miles and build it yourself so you know what is done to it and it’s your own in that sense.

The choice is yours and good luck either way!
the truck in question isnt a Roush (not that I know of) But it very well may be the same truck. Not posting pics out of respect for selling/shop