GEN 2 Allocations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mustangmatt95

Reaction score
Mike Bass is literally 10 minutes from my house. I was in contact with Justin their internet sales guy looking for an RS, he had me quoted at MSRP but then all of a sudden they couldn't get another allocation so that fell through, my buddy who drove up from KY was able to get an order that a guy backed out on at MSRP so I will say they were a decent dealer. My father is in the market for a Ruby Red Raptor so I've been scouring the ford systems for every local dealer to see what they have coming in. Mike bass just had an avalanche one i think the other day someone sent my father a picture of it.

Justin told me that Avalanche one they had looked amazing. That's the color I ordered.

Yes, I have it in writing (text message from Justin) that the deposit is refundable.

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

mustangmatt95, sent you PM

Found it in visitor messages. Replied to you with a PM. Who are you?

Two Dogs

Reaction score
So just FYI we can order as many Raptors as we want. It won't do us any good though. Because if we don't have any allocation we won't get any of those orders built. If a dealer is writing orders for units they don't have allocation for they are just stuffing the order banks with the hope that another allocation may come available. I've asked my Ford rep constantly about the possibility of more allocation and am told every time I ask that there is not going to be any more allocation available this year.

Would you get an order number for additional orders over your allocations? I'm trying to find a point where I can say there is an allocation for my truck.

Kansan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would think, by now, all of the allocations have been spoken for or used by dealers to order trucks they plan to use as lawn art to sell normal F150's. Finding an unspoken for allocation that can still be built the way you want it may be like finding the needle the the proverbial haystack.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Would you get an order number for additional orders over your allocations? I'm trying to find a point where I can say there is an allocation for my truck.

We put an order number on every order we place. So an order number doesn't mean anything. There is almost no way you can confirm they have an allocation until they give you a vin #

There are dealers without all of their units spoken for. Most of them that I've heard of are asking well over sticker though. Some times it pays to be persistent and keep calling dealers. You may run across a dealer that has allocation or incoming units that are not spoken and they'll sell for a reasonable price.

MWoods26

Reaction score
How long should it take for your order to be pulled if in fact the dealer does have an allocation? I placed an order about 6 weeks ago. I know that is not very long but after reading this thread Im starting to think my local shady ass dealer would definitely be the type to just want to hold my 1000 dollar deposit. He originally wanted 5k over MSRP until I told him I found a dealer out of town that was at MSRP and I was going to order one there... Then all of the sudden he was able to order mine at MSRP.

gneissday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long should it take for your order to be pulled if in fact the dealer does have an allocation? I placed an order about 6 weeks ago. I know that is not very long but after reading this thread Im starting to think my local shady ass dealer would definitely be the type to just want to hold my 1000 dollar deposit. He originally wanted 5k over MSRP until I told him I found a dealer out of town that was at MSRP and I was going to order one there... Then all of the sudden he was able to order mine at MSRP.

I believe it depends on where you fall in the dealer's allocation order. I ordered 3 months ago and still haven't gotten a VIN or build date. My priority number has always been 10, so I think that means they are just going by order date for scheduling. My dealer said they rec'd allocation for 17 Raptors. I'm thinking that maybe I'm in the last third of the allocation order and will hopefully get picked up (crossing fingers) by Jan/Feb to get things rolling. I asked my dealer where I fall in the order and he seemed like either he wasn't sure or didn't want to say. But he did think we would get my truck by March/April.

Last edited:

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe it depends on where you fall in the dealer's allocation order. I ordered 3 months ago and still haven't gotten a VIN or build date. My priority number has always been 10, so I think that means they are just going by order date for scheduling. My dealer said they rec'd allocation for 17 Raptors. I'm thinking that maybe I'm in the last third of the allocation order and will hopefully get picked up (crossing fingers) by Jan/Feb to get things rolling. I asked my dealer where I fall in the order and he seemed like either he wasn't sure or didn't want to say. But he did think we would get my truck by March/April.

Im in the same boat, im in the last third of the allocation pool....

gneissday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Robtor, why the two orders in your sig "Order #1 7/30 Order #2 12/12"? You seeing which one comes in first?

BTW, I'm your neighbor up in Santa Monica. What's up! Of course, had to order from Idaho because California ADMs SUCK!!

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey Robtor, why the two orders in your sig "Order #1 7/30 Order #2 12/12"? You seeing which one comes in first?

BTW, I'm your neighbor up in Santa Monica. What's up! Of course, had to order from Idaho because California ADMs SUCK!!

Whats up man! Yea LA is a tough market! Frustrating

But yes, I do have 2 orders. I was getting nervous about the first one since it was lagging. The first is a really small dealer in CA about 250miles out. The 2nd one is in Nevada.

Im looking forward to exploring the Southwest once I get it. Got a bunch chill trails mapped out. Let roll man!

Last edited:

gneissday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats up man! Yea LA is a tough market! Frustrating

But yes, I do have 2 orders. I was getting nervous about the first one since it was lagging. The first is a really small dealer in CA about 250miles out. The 2nd one is in Nevada.

Awesome! Good luck to you, brother!