Alcon Brake Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasAggie94

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just want to add another kudo to the ALCON BBK; one of the very best improvements to your mod journey. Biggest difference to me was running my truck around the track at Rally Ready; it was then that I had a true appreciation.

Attachments

• IMG_9339.jpeg
    IMG_9339.jpeg
    134.6 KB · Views: 16
  • FullSizeRender.jpeg
    FullSizeRender.jpeg
    119.6 KB · Views: 17

06z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went from the Alcon BBK to Wilwood and was impressed by the improvement with the Wilwood. The Alcon would not fit on the HM suspension kit I had installed and the cost of the Wilwood is amazing. Kevin at HM even made a custom bracket and installed a 6 piston rear caliper on the truck to stop the 40's. The first thing all passengers must do, put your seatbelt on. Wilwoods are wicked awesome.Wilwood1.jpg

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Alcons have been installed for a few weeks, maybe 1500 miles. 80% highway and/or high speed off road. Brakes amazing improvement, the brake dust is the worst I have ever seen though. Will have to look at their different compounds when these wear out, which by the looks of it will be pretty dang fast.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went from the Alcon BBK to Wilwood and was impressed by the improvement with the Wilwood. The Alcon would not fit on the HM suspension kit I had installed and the cost of the Wilwood is amazing. Kevin at HM even made a custom bracket and installed a 6 piston rear caliper on the truck to stop the 40's. The first thing all passengers must do, put your seatbelt on. Wilwoods are wicked awesome.
Wilwoods aren't always the top of the line when it comes to caliper construction- but they are still high quality parts and, as you noticed, their pricing is usually fantastic.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Alcons have been installed for a few weeks, maybe 1500 miles. 80% highway and/or high speed off road. Brakes amazing improvement, the brake dust is the worst I have ever seen though. Will have to look at their different compounds when these wear out, which by the looks of it will be pretty dang fast.
Lasted me 16k miles, but im in Los Angeles...

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got about 15 K out of mine if I remember correctly. Second time around I’ve gone with their supposedly less dusting compound. Which does dust much less… but still a lot!

kalel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went from the Alcon BBK to Wilwood and was impressed by the improvement with the Wilwood. The Alcon would not fit on the HM suspension kit I had installed and the cost of the Wilwood is amazing. Kevin at HM even made a custom bracket and installed a 6 piston rear caliper on the truck to stop the 40's. The first thing all passengers must do, put your seatbelt on. Wilwoods are wicked awesome.View attachment 440765
@06z Custom bracket on the 6 piston rears is awesome. You got pics of it all mounted up? I take it you don't have the electric ebrake? My Wilwoods are on the way... trying to figure out what to do for the rear.