Alcon Brake Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DF105

Reaction score
I did not buy my kit from Apollo. I don’t want to bad mouth anyone here, I should have asked more questions, and in the long run it probably wouldn’t have change my mind or decision. I am open to other rims, but do NOT want to go to 20” rims. The more I drive my truck the better I love these brakes!!! As I drive down the steepest hilla in SF in my busy day these brakes perform. Effortless stops. I drive like I drive. There is plenty of horses under the hood and I tend to use them even in my daily drive. NOW I feel completely comfortable stoping. Can’t wait to get it off road. The kit is pricy for certain, but what I can tell my fellow Raptor owners is it is worth the expense. The install took me and my brother in-law 6 hours total. We were NOT busting it. And the job included installing SS brake lines. They caused us more trouble than the Alcon kits. Ford seemingly over-tightens the break lines on the assembly line that caused us some extra time but ultimately no issue.

Guys, I am thrilled with my breaks!!

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I did not buy my kit from Apollo. I don’t want to bad mouth anyone here, I should have asked more questions, and in the long run it probably wouldn’t have change my mind or decision. I am open to other rims, but do NOT want to go to 20” rims. The more I drive my truck the better I love these brakes!!! As I drive down the steepest hilla in SF in my busy day these brakes perform. Effortless stops. I drive like I drive. There is plenty of horses under the hood and I tend to use them even in my daily drive. NOW I feel completely comfortable stoping. Can’t wait to get it off road. The kit is pricy for certain, but what I can tell my fellow Raptor owners is it is worth the expense. The install took me and my brother in-law 6 hours total. We were NOT busting it. And the job included installing SS brake lines. They caused us more trouble than the Alcon kits. Ford seemingly over-tightens the break lines on the assembly line that caused us some extra time but ultimately no issue.

Guys, I am thrilled with my breaks!!

Sorry if my post seemed like it was in response to your thread. I didn’t mean to come across that way. Just wanted to clear up the confusion as there’s a ton of it!

Jim - Glad you’re still enjoying those Alcon brakes!

DF105

Reaction score
JZ, I'd be interested in seeing a pic of your tie rod end. When I slipped the disk on the hub it hit hard against mine. It wasn't just close. It is interesting how something could be that different.

lateralis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't need the rod ends and Nick did exactly what he said. Prepaid tag to ship it back and a quick refund. On the 19s you can only do the front brakes, which I did and it helped a lot. Well worth the money.
What changed other than the dampers that you can't run the rear breaks on the 19's?

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
R1 concepts make a rear caliper for the 19s and a forum member just installed it. I will try to find the thread.

here's one >> https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/r1-concepts-big-brake-kit.68471/#post-1362911

and I know there is another member. I will update this post when I find the 2nd forum member

The 2019 trucks have an electronic rear parking brake that is no longer compatible with the rear setup from Alcon. Or any of the BBK manufacturers for that matter.

Last edited:

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score