Alcon Brake Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Do I have this correct that this kit will NOT fit factory beadlock? If they do, I’m in.

Also weight the stock parts that come off so we can do an accurate weight comparisons. Thanks

Last edited:

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Do I have this correct that this kit will NOT fit factory beadlock? If they do, I’m in.

The kit WILL fit with OEM wheels, but you will need to use the included 7mm billet spacers.

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Did you weigh the Alcon kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, I did not. But I’ll get some data.

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

Let me get in on this pm as well. Im split between the r1's and the Alcon's. But if i can get them powdercoated;then I'm leaning towards Alcon. This fall and winter going to be a big mod time for me

PM inbound.

And yes, the calipers are powdercoated red, but you can have them powdercoated in whatever color you’d like once they arrive. Alcon does not offer other colors.

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about balance front to rear incase only front alcons are used?

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ment brake balance front to rear with difference in braking power? If you have alcon front with stock rear, versus alcon rears?
Any changes?

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I ment brake balance front to rear with difference in braking power? If you have alcon front with stock rear, versus alcon rears?

Any changes?

You can run the Alcon front kit with the factory rears and you’ll definitely notice an increase in overall performance. You will have to be comfortable with the truck having two different sets of brakes on it from aesthetic standpoint; red calipers and C-slotted rotors front vs silver calipers and smooth rotors rear.

When you do the full system (front/rear), you’ll definitely have increased performance overall.

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

The kit WILL fit with OEM wheels, but you will need to use the included 7mm billet spacers.

Thanks! pm plz.

PM inbound!

OP
OP
Tactical Sommelier

Tactical Sommelier

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, we did our independent testing of the Alcon Brakes yesterday.

We did the test from 60mph to 0. 3 runs on the same street under the same conditions.

Our best distance with the stock brakes was 144 feet.

Our best distance with the Alcon Brakes was 105 feet.

Huge improvement!

Truck is on 20” Vorsteiner VenomRex wheels and 325/60/20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. And had the same wheels during stock testing and Alcon testing. Only difference besides the brakes was the ADD Tie Rod Adapter Kits to provide clearance for the Alcon brake rotors.

We have video of everything and will be posting it up soon!

These are good results! I pick my truck up today, Alcon's were installed on Friday. Excited to feel the difference myself.

ATRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our best distance with the stock brakes was 144 feet.

Our best distance with the Alcon Brakes was 105 feet.

Huge improvement!

But.. but.. but.. 'BajaFred' told me this isn't possible! :eyeroll:

I love the kit, but this is so far from right that you're beyond wrong

BBKs don't necessarily help you stop shorter, hell half the time the stopping distance on the 1st panic stop is longer by a few feet vs OEM ... that's not their purpose

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter