Alcon Brake Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NHnewbie

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm FOR CERTAIN that the Alcon kit fits OEM beadlocks (with or without the spacer)? Not looking for opinion, but been there, done that experience.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm FOR CERTAIN that the Alcon kit fits OEM beadlocks (with or without the spacer)? Not looking for opinion, but been there, done that experience.

I can confirm that it WILL fit with the spacer. Cannot confirm that it will fit without the spacer.

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

A lot of Alcon fans here I see. For my 20" wheels the compact size is not important, however, I just simply would like to figure out how they all 6P BBK compare to each other:
BAER vs WILWOOD vs STOPTECH vs ALCON vs BREMBO?

And what is the best bang for the buck?? vs stopping power.

Any thoughts or technical data would be much appreciated?!

Something to take into account with the larger BBKs that require 20" wheels, your factory spare will no longer fit. So you'll need to factor in a 5th 20" wheel and corresponding tire into the figures when you're running your numbers.

As far as technical data, we've only compared the factory to Alcon.

BADASSRAPTOR

Reaction score
I can confirm that it WILL fit with the spacer. Cannot confirm that it will fit without the spacer.

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

Something to take into account with the larger BBKs that require 20" wheels, your factory spare will no longer fit. So you'll need to factor in a 5th 20" wheel and corresponding tire into the figures when you're running your numbers.

Good point on the 5th wheel.

OP
OP
Tactical Sommelier

Tactical Sommelier

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Full cost front & rear with tie rod ends?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All in cost $6k

---------- Post added at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------

I took the truck to TexPlex in Midlothian this past weekend. They have a pretty sweet off road track they are opening up to anyone will to take their truck off roading. The truck overall was pretty impressive over all the bumps and jumps and being my first time taking the truck off roading it was eye opening what this truck could do in the dirt. The Alcon brakes performed better as they heated up and I couldn't be happier with the outcome.
https://texplexpark.com/

62crew

Reaction score
if you have a large front bbk that require 20" wheels and the rear does not you can put the spare on the rear and move the rear 20" wheel onto the front if you get a flat.

dd07

Full Access Member
Reaction score

When you spend 7k on Brembo's and 5k on a set of 4 forged wheels...you still care about spending $500 on a "normal" (or junky) 20'' spare with 0 offset that won't rub?
Well...you might. :)

You don't even see that spare! And yes, this 20'' "new junk" fits perfectly.

I think the bottom line is $$$.
I'm sure Alcons are beautiful brakes...but there's a reason why Brembo makes BBKs for BMW M's, among others, ...true?

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
When you spend 7k on Brembo's and 5k on a set of 4 forged wheels...you still care about spending $500 on a "normal" (or junky) 20'' spare with 0 offset that won't rub?

Well...you might. :)

You don't even see that spare! And yes, this 20'' "new junk" fits perfectly.

I think the bottom line is $$$.

I'm sure Alcons are beautiful brakes...but there's a reason why Brembo makes BBKs for BMW M's, among others, ...true?

Just to clarify, I’m not dogging on Brembo. I’m a Brembo dealer as well as other brands.

Just giving some folks food for thought.

Some folks who wheel their trucks hard want to be able to keep as much tire as possible and want a 17” wheel, that’s something that the Alcon kit provides over other options like Brembo and Wilwood.

1roadking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2018 with factory bead locks. Does it still need tie rod ends and is there an issue with the spacers as far as potential wheel damage or extra stress?