Alarms /Auto Starts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
I love the alarm so far. There are so many options with that remote. I think I may get the Auto window add on. I am not sure if my defroster is hooked up or not with the remote. I need to check that when I get my truck back tmrw.

I'm going to check out the defroster as well - but my first priority is hooking up the heated seats!

Kraka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to check out the defroster as well - but my first priority is hooking up the heated seats!

I thought about that, but then thought about summer. You don't want the seats on when it is hot az ballz out. Unless there was an option on the remote to turn them off.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Yes there is - on the Viper 5902 there are programmable buttons for stuff like that, including a garage door opener.

Kraka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes there is - on the Viper 5902 there are programmable buttons for stuff like that, including a garage door opener.

Well there ya go. I might look into that. There is just so much you can do with remote.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Ok - for Bo and Ironman - and any others that have the Viper 5902 or similar Clifford autostart/alarm unit - and are tired of accidentally starting their vehicles while dumping the keychain into a pocket... I finally figured it out tonight at the bar.
Hold the side button until you get into the menu areas - select 'Settings" then turn the "button lock" option on.
Factory default is off - which allows you to accidently disarm the alarm or my fav - start the truck as you're walking into the bar...
The button lock feature (wished they'd expanded more on it in the manual) locks the remote down after about 10 seconds and forces a two key sequence to unlock it.
Then you can accidently start it.
Hope that helps...

OP
OP
IRONMAN

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Ok - for Bo and Ironman - and any others that have the Viper 5902 or similar Clifford autostart/alarm unit - and are tired of accidentally starting their vehicles while dumping the keychain into a pocket... I finally figured it out tonight at the bar.
Hold the side button until you get into the menu areas - select 'Settings" then turn the "button lock" option on.
Factory default is off - which allows you to accidently disarm the alarm or my fav - start the truck as you're walking into the bar...
The button lock feature (wished they'd expanded more on it in the manual) locks the remote down after about 10 seconds and forces a two key sequence to unlock it.
Hope that helps...

sweet deal JP7
Thanks.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hope that helps...

JP, you are a ******* genius. Thanks man!! I should've read the manual a long time ago. I got so sick of accidentally auto-starting mine that I actually started using the spare remote instead of the fancy one just because the buttons on the spare are slightly more rigid..... But not anymore.... Problem solved!!! Seriously, thank you....you just saved me a ton of unneccessary frustration. ....I think I'm gonna go find the 5902's Owners Manual and RTFM to see what other useful features I've been neglecting.

Kraka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope that helps...

That's fantastic info right there. I am doing mine right now. Thanx bro.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
No worries guys. And the RTFM thing Bo - well I guess we'd all be smarter sooner if we did that! Now if only I could figure out hooking up the ******* seat warmers to the remote I'd be in a good place. It's gonna be -24C tomorrow (in fahrenheight that's damn ******* cold) and I need to go places...

Kraka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I locked the buttons on the remote last night and now I can't get back into the settings. Anyone else having this issue. Oh bother.