Alarms /Auto Starts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
I locked the buttons on the remote last night and now I can't get back into the settings. Anyone else having this issue. Oh bother.

Just noticed the same thing Kraka now that you mentioned it.
But all my settings are good, so I don't need to change anything else. I'll be near the installer tomorrow and will drop in and see what he says.

Kraka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just noticed the same thing Kraka now that you mentioned it.
But all my settings are good, so I don't need to change anything else. I'll be near the installer tomorrow and will drop in and see what he says.

Ok found out what to do. When you unlock the remote keys, let the screen go black and then hold the side in for 3 seconds and the Settings should come up.

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Possible stupid question.... so i am going to order a 2011 raptor, i dont care what my family thinks n such, but my question is, i was probably going to add the luxury package, for the remote start, power folding mirrors... and something else.... the rest i dont really care about. but i will also be getting an alarm, and so am i better off getting a complete system with alarm and remote start (like the viper), or is the ford remote start paired with a stand alone alarm better? i can live without the mirrors and the thing i cant seem to think of at the moment, so better to save the $2100 for that package and spend the 700 or so for an alarm and remote start system?

drunken questions for the win. thanks folks for any help!

T palms

Reaction score
found a place online that has that same alarm(clifford matrix 50.7x right) for 229

now i may be dumb but does that sound too good to be true
or might it have something to do with the whole, authorized dealer mumbo jumbo

OP
OP
IRONMAN

IRONMAN

Reaction score
found a place online that has that same alarm(clifford matrix 50.7x right) for 229

now i may be dumb but does that sound too good to be true
or might it have something to do with the whole, authorized dealer mumbo jumbo

Mine is the 590.2x, not sure about that one.

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Possible stupid question.... so i am going to order a 2011 raptor, i dont care what my family thinks n such, but my question is, i was probably going to add the luxury package, for the remote start, power folding mirrors... and something else.... the rest i dont really care about. but i will also be getting an alarm, and so am i better off getting a complete system with alarm and remote start (like the viper), or is the ford remote start paired with a stand alone alarm better? i can live without the mirrors and the thing i cant seem to think of at the moment, so better to save the $2100 for that package and spend the 700 or so for an alarm and remote start system?

Just got back from the car security spot. I ended up going with the Viper 350. (Viper - Viper Responder 350 2-Way Security System) I have remote start and (obviously) remote unlock/lock on my Raptor from the factory. I really didn't want them to mess with the stock stuff. After some research I found out they pull out the stock remote start if you add an alarm with remote start (I didn't want that). The 350 includes a relay that integrates the remote lock/unlock into the Viper key fob, but the remote start function will stay on my Ford key/fob.

3305V.jpg

I added the window crash/audio sensor, motion/bubble sensor and backup battery. Install+taxes was less than a crappy system I was going to go with before I really did my research. Don't be fooled by the prices online. Go to one of the retail stores that sell these things and haggle. I got $1 install (!!!!) and almost 50% off retail. Here's a good coupon actually if you have a shop near you.

app_full_proxy.php

Oh yeah, Viper and Python will not honor their warranty or theft protection if you don't have an authorized installer do the install. So, think about that before attempting DIY IMO.

Install tomorrow AM. Then, I have to stop spending money on this truck. For a while. :insane:

Forgot to mention that I was considering the tilt sensor as well. The installer/tech at the retail store told me that with a big truck like mine (ours), the alarm's built in vibration meter will tell if someone is trying to jack up the truck or put it on the lift. I went with his advice and didn't go with that (don't come steal my wheels/tires!!).

Last edited: