Affordable break upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Milovaughn

Reaction score
Didn’t write my question down. Could you tell me(us) which pads and SS lines did you use.
In advance please n thank you.

NightWolf928

Reaction score
I agree with the stainless steel brake lines upgrade.

Don’t quote me on this but I’ve been told if you take it to the dealer and mention to the service dep that your brakes don’t brake too well they will change some sort of setting to adjust the brakes.

Cheapest upgrade you can do is pads that bite the rotors better.

One of my biggest complaints, aside from sound, has been the brakes on the Raptor as well. If Alcons aren’t in your budget, I’d go with a slotted and drilled combo for about $300-$400ish.

Purely my opinion here, but if you bought a Raptor you didn’t want to settle for adequate why not get the best for your truck? That’s just me though. I hate money and have been throwing it at my Raptor like a classy stripper :boobs:

Last edited:

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn’t write my question down. Could you tell me(us) which pads and SS lines did you use.
In advance please n thank you.

I used SDHQ lines and Posi Quiet ceramic pads with motul brake fluid. Pads have more initial bite and seem like the stop better too. Pretty quiet too! There is only a little squeak on the first time braking after starting in the morning and then for the rest of the day they're quiet!

mad man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the VIP maintenance service plan in my contract 6 years hundred thousand miles. I don’t pay for anything but tires so I can just wear on the brakes as hard as I want and they just keep replacing them when they wear out ,no sweat

Raptus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the Alcon big brake kit up front only and there is a significant difference in brake feel and stopping power.

Cons - lots of brake dust on wheels and you get pad squeak when driving slow while breaking them in. And did I say a lot of brake dust on my wheels! . Hard to get your cake and eat it too but fun trying!