Affordable break upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JustSomeGuy

Reaction score
Hey guys, i came from an XLT and i feel that the Raptor is a lot heavier when breaking. Obviously it's sufficient in daily use, but what about emergency breaking? I feel a bit insecure about it. Thoughts?

(have the Raptor for only about 2 weeks now)

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bleed them well to begin with. Then try pushing the pedal harder. I think the stock brakes are great and my other car is a CTS-V with brembos and 14+” rotors.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Stock brakes on gen 2 raptor (or F150s in general) def better than the brakes on the 3 K2 series (14-19) trucks I had

I’ll upgrade to some heavier duty pads/rotors when time comes but so far after 18k miles the stockers have done quite well for a 1/2 ton pickup IMO I’ve had quite a few hard semi-panic type stops from speed in that time & ive noticed no loss in pedal feel or any warpage in the rotors

Dustan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel the raptor doesn’t have touchy brakes and needs heavier pressure to stop. But if you try a full on stop with pressure they do the job just fine, just takes some getting used too.

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did stainless lines, upgraded pads and motul brake fluid and it made a very nice difference in brake pedal feel and noticeable stopping power. Not like a big brake kit obviously but I am very happy with my brakes now!