AFE Transmion Pan Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Red, you've managed to do (get a response from aFe) what neither Chris nor I could do. Don't know how you managed that, but good on you! I hope your installation experience is better than mine was.

Here's a piece of advice for you. When it comes time to refill the transmission, follow Chris's guidance. He's got the procedure handy. Also, the dipstick is within an inch and a half of the passenger side cat, and the fill procedure requires you to work under there with the system at operating temperature and running. Protect your knuckles or you will burn them. Badly.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was under the truck yesterday doing an oil change and I usually take this time to thoroughly inspect the under-body. I noticed the bolts holding the transmission pan are tiny and some of them had some rust on them. It would not take too many winters for these tiny bolts to rust completely and then removing would be a bitch (i.e. drilling them out).

This morning I crawled back under the truck and sprayed all these tiny bolts with Amsoil hd Metal Protector which I purchased from freedom motorsports. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigred1097

bigred1097

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Red, you've managed to do (get a response from aFe) what neither Chris nor I could do. Don't know how you managed that, but good on you! I hope your installation experience is better than mine was. Here's a piece of advice for you. When it comes time to refill the transmission, follow Chris's guidance. He's got the procedure handy. Also, the dipstick is within an inch and a half of the passenger side cat, and the fill procedure requires you to work under there with the system at operating temperature and running. Protect your knuckles or you will burn them. Badly.

It was Jason from SDHQ that gave them my contact information That's how they called me and then Steve and I have been emailing back and forth Thank you for your advice on refilling the transmission. I have the dip stick kit from SDHQ installed on my truck it is so nice to have it under the hood

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

I was under the truck yesterday doing an oil change and I usually take this time to thoroughly inspect the under-body. I noticed the bolts holding the transmission pan are tiny and some of them had some rust on them. It would not take too many winters for these tiny bolts to rust completely and then removing would be a bitch (i.e. drilling them out). This morning I crawled back under the truck and sprayed all these tiny bolts with Amsoil hd Metal Protector which I purchased from freedom motorsports. :)

The Amzoil HD Metal Protector works really good