Advice on a Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good luck. Can't go wrong either way. Just start ordering your mods while u wait. That's what helped hold me over.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No! You only pay sales tax once. You don't pay sales tax whenever you move across states lines. If the OP registers in Montana right after he buys the truck then he pays sales tax there.

And I don't think it depends on your DLs. There are many folks out there that have a vac home in another state and have a car register in that state. But they still carry a DLs from their home state.

I am in VA and I have a neighbor who owns an old LandRover and he keeps it register in West VA (his father's address) because emissions is not as stringent as VA's.

once you register in ca. you have to pay tax.... again

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
here in ca. if you bought a vehicle out of state and payed 6% sales tax and brought it back to register you would have to pay the difference in tax, so another 3% wold be required to register the vehicle.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
CA is really strict on people with out of state residencies. If you get hit with an audit you have to prove you live in the other state over 50% of the time. They look at things like CC bills, water bills, electricity bills and they also ask for a calendar showing the days you were in each state for the time in question. This is only if you get an audit but if you get paid by a CA company and claim residency in another state you're asking to have the tax man knock on your door. It's a lot of risk for only a couple thousand dollars. Not worth it IMO.

Wheela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GIT YOU ONE!! (props to whoever knows where the quote is from, hint: Scooter from Borderlands)

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
When we bought my car in Cali, the dealership pretty much said if it touches CA soil you need to pay tax on it. They said we could ship it to PA to avoid the tax, but the price(and the fact that we needed the car in CA) made that impossible, we just sucked it up and paid the CA taxes, registration, etc..

OP
OP
R

Ryguy84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know a dealer I could order at invoice and have it courtesy delivered to Montana or a Montana dealer that could invoice on a 2013 order?