Advice on a Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryguy84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I sold my raptor a few months ago to get my finances in order. I wake up everyday missing it so I am deciding to get back into the game. Should I wait for 13 or go used?
And I am thinking about going to a screw this time around I had a scab and found it very annoying having to basically get out of the truck to let somebody out of the back.
Any advice would be great.

Banned
Reaction score
well, if your finances have changed and you can afford to, may as well go brand new man.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I say it's all about whether you can wait or not. If you can wait, why not just order a new one?

OP
OP
R

Ryguy84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From looking at all the new pictures of the 2013 Im going to wait.
If I order new does anyone know how I could use a montana address to save on sales tax my parents have property there but I have no idea where to start.

J0shM1lls

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I order new does anyone know how I could use a montana address to save on sales tax my parents have property there but I have no idea where to start.

I "believe" the drivers license must be from Montana in order to use that as a purchasing address. You would also have to register in Montana and get Montana plates. You could then "move" but would have to pay more registration fees of the destination state.

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
I "believe" the drivers license must be from Montana in order to use that as a purchasing address. You would also have to register in Montana and get Montana plates. You could then "move" but would have to pay more registration fees of the destination state.

I concur with most of this... We bought ours in NE and registered it PA. But, our DL's and permanent address is PA. The dealership could care less, but the state might have issue when you go to register it.

012bLUESVT didn't need to have the truck present, only a scratching of the Vin, but he did have to go register it in person. If you have AAA, I would call one of the ones in Montana and ask. They seem to be way more helpful than the DMV, and we do all our titling through them in PA. If you don't have to have a Montana License, it might be worth it to change your permanent address to your parents for a bit, Go register it, then change it back. It costs $1 on the USPS website.

But call and get the details first, does the truck need to be present, do you need a Montana license? Tell them that you plan on living there but are traveling for work.

Or buy/register in your parents name. The dealership should want the sale and be willing to do it over mail if its notarized. If your a JR, just leave that off and you could have your Dad register it. Good luck!

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I know the pain! I went used for the 2nd time around because I couldn't wait any longer. There are quite a bit of low mileage trucks out there. The problem is finding a dealer willing to sell the used one below new MSRP. Good luck!!

OP
OP
R

Ryguy84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found a white raptor scab nearby at a dealer they won't budge off msrp. So if anyone is looking for a loaded 2012 scab there is one in sacramento for 51400.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
once you register in ca. you have to pay tax.... again