advice on a new exhaust and tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

singh3204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any advice on a new exhaust from the down pipe on out? any suggestions as to what a good deal is? thanks for your time.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends on what your goals are for the truck and what your personal preference is. Most popular options are going to be Borla/Corsa/AWE but Flowmaster and Magnaflow have good reviews too. Prices range from $400-$1500 depending on how much of the stock exhaust you're trying to change. Bang for your buck option will be to get an X-pipe or H-pipe from one of the mentioned manufacturers and go from there. There's plenty of threads on this so I suggest you start searching and listening to different sound clips and reading lots of reviews. Exhaust note is the most contentious mod because its very subjective, I just installed the AWE 2FG and absolutley love it however I've seen people complain about it. Good luck!

Wender85

Reaction score
I have and highly suggest the Borla ATK exhaust with the ORA550 tune.(by off road alliance)(also suggest the cobb CAI) you can youtube the tune and it will explain more about it then i can type here. Keep in mind the Borla is very loud at wide open throttle but zero drone during normal driving around. I love it. But like Braaaaptor stated its up to the individual of what you like. The Off road alliance guys are awsome and they have reps on here. I know chris is on here and will help you out

OP
OP
singh3204

singh3204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think i have decided on the
Magnaflow 19346 | Ford F150 Raptor | 3.5L |SuperCrew 67" bed/Super Cab 78.8" bed) | Dual Rear Exit | Performance Exhaust System
i just have to decide on a tune now

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any advice on a new exhaust from the down pipe on out? any suggestions as to what a good deal is? thanks for your time.

I have and highly suggest the Borla ATK exhaust with the ORA550 tune.(by off road alliance)(also suggest the cobb CAI) you can youtube the tune and it will explain more about it then i can type here. Keep in mind the Borla is very loud at wide open throttle but zero drone during normal driving around. I love it. But like Braaaaptor stated its up to the individual of what you like. The Off road alliance guys are awsome and they have reps on here. I know chris is on here and will help you out

Like Wender, I absolutely love my Borla ATAK. I’ve done a lot of mods and this is by far my fave. Here’s the YouTube Wender85 was probably talking about:

I think this is the best price right now:

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/6...MIkaTavae86QIVMgPnCh2hew3OEAQYAiABEgKgyvD_BwE

Xtinct

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you get the full system from the cat back to the tips? I would love to have the carbon fiber tips. If you have those can you post a pic?

I only got the mid-pipes. In total agreement...the CF tips look amazing - even though I don’t have CF exterior accents, I was tempted. If you could buy the CF tips alone, I’d have done that but just couldn’t justify all that extra dough just for those tips. Alas, they don’t sell the tips alone. If you’ve got the dough to blow, by all means, go for it. A while back, someone posted pic of theirs with CF tips...they did look great.

Xtinct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only got the mid-pipes. In total agreement...the CF tips look amazing - even though I don’t have CF exterior accents, I was tempted. If you could buy the CF tips alone, I’d have done that but just couldn’t justify all that extra dough just for those tips. Alas, they don’t sell the tips alone. If you’ve got the dough to blow, by all means, go for it. A while back, someone posted pic of theirs with CF tips...they did look great.

You mean all Raptor owners dont have deep pockets? I think they are only around $1,200 right?