Adjusting your front Fox shocks...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SDHQ

SDHQ

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ride quality isn't an issue.. We have been happy with it as well as all our customers who have had us do it.

As far as warranty goes.. You will have more of an issue with adding a spacer to the front coil over than you would with adjusting the Fox. The dealer can't void your entire warranty for adjsuting your coil over, they could give you an issue if they prove that adjusting the coil over was the cause of a failure.

Batman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have to get the front end re-aligned when you do this.

Has anyone seen any handling difference offroad with this mod? Good or Bad?

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have to get the front end re-aligned when you do this.

Has anyone seen any handling difference offroad with this mod? Good or Bad?

Yes, you need to do a realignment... I cant say about the off road stuff since I did mine as soon as I picked it up...

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Ride quality isn't an issue.. We have been happy with it as well as all our customers who have had us do it.

As far as warranty goes.. You will have more of an issue with adding a spacer to the front coil over than you would with adjusting the Fox. The dealer can't void your entire warranty for adjsuting your coil over, they could give you an issue if they prove that adjusting the coil over was the cause of a failure.

just to clarify. if for some reason you did have a problem with your front suspension or coil over, YOU the Raptor owner would have to prove to Ford that the adjustment didn't cause the problem. not the other way around. Ford doesn't have to prove anything. depending on the dealer I bet they wouldn't even know the difference :)

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Where did you get this info, as far as I know YOU are wrong :)

Ford has to prove that you the consumer that made changes have caused the failure they are refusing to cover.

Look into the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act

well here's the thing.

"The federal minimum standards for full warranties are waived if the warrantor(Ford) can show that the problem associated with a warranted consumer product(Raptor) was caused by damage while in the possession of the consumer(Us), or by unreasonable use, including a failure to provide reasonable and necessary maintenance.

If they don't say a word, all is good in Raptor land. If they "prove" that you caused the damage which takes very little effort on their part since they have all the parts and mechanics and credibility.... Guess what, now you have to prove that it DIDN'T cause the damage or you are shit out of luck. If Ford doesn't say a word about it, you don't have to prove a thing and neither do they. If they throw the first punch and bring it up to you...the ball is in your court to "prove" them wrong. We as consumers are the home team. We get a chance to challenge Ford's decision after they make an issue. That's where the wording is confusing. By them denying a warranty claim...they are implying that they have proof of negligence. Then you have to prove them wrong. See what I mean? I suppose you could take it either way but I always get defensive when I deal with dealerships.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
either way guys..... If you're in a pickle, just move the perch back down to the factory spot.
It may not be the most ethical move, but hey, Ford and Fox gave me the truck with these perches on the shocks.... and damnit, I for one am going to continue to take advantage of that nice little gift they left me.

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doubt warranty would even be an issue... unless the shock itself went out, and doubtful Ford would take care of you on that anyway. If you didn't do something right and the front end slammed down and *****'d something else, that may be an issue.

I've never had a issue with suspension that would be covered under warranty in the first place. Ford will do what they can do it out of warranty (not sure why, warranty pays the dealership)... but seems to be they way they do it.

I read somewhere else today they did this by using the spring compressor (not the big-ass bench one, lol) and moved up the ring without pulling the shock assembly. Anyone get into this yet? If I thought I could get a spring compressor in there, I'd do it.

Either way, I'm going this route to lift that front up a bit. If Ford ever gives me shit about it I would say "what problem? The one with the shock that came with the truck, or the front end that came on the truck?" If it wasn't meant to be adjusted, why would it be there?

If they give you shit because you went off road with it, ask em why it comes with Off Road mode, and 4WD...