Adam's Product review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had my truck sprayed with a protectant nano something or other It work's but you will need to redo it if you don't wax it. I think the adams is going to push it over to the next level. So far all I was able to do was wash and spray on the detail spray definitely works.

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

I reread your post did you spray it with the detail spray? or just wash it.

plotshots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did try some of the detail spray after the wash and the detail spray is very impressive. It seems to add a level of shine and slickness that you get from waxing with only minimal effort.

The other thing that was really cool was the VRT stuff. Makes really, really quick work of all of the plastic and tires with no overspray (ie Armor-all) and its not greasy to the touch.

Lastly, I think the DVD video included, which shows me all of the *other* products I want to buy now (ahem!), is very useful and gives a great tutorial about how to remove minor scratches and swirls.

All of the products are top class. You cannot get any better. It's just that they are all very, very expensive. Then again, so is this friggin' glorified F-150. LOL.

"This isn't the state of California, it's a state of insanity." - 1941

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had my truck sprayed with a protectant nano something or other It work's but you will need to redo it if you don't wax it.

You probably have a nano paint sealant. I had opticoat professionally applied to my truck - basically what you likely have. Supposed to be a semi-permanent product intended to last up to about 5 years. While you can wax such sealants, it's not supposed to be necessary.

What I wanted to warn you about is that a good nano sealant will repel everything - including even a top quality wax like Adams. So you will think a good wax doesn't last very long - because it can't stick to the sealant. Just didn't want you to use their wax & then think it doesn't stand up well.

A good detail spray is usually a great option with a semi-perm sealant. Easy to apply, and the cost & ease of application make me not care that it won't last very well.

And those tires above look awesome.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
doc have you tried the detail spray yet it's amazing. I have tried maieragens and thought ah it still left water spots with the soap. Adam's was like ky makes it slippery but a dry slippery I never thought about it not sticking. thanks. but so far I'm impressed with the Adam's. I don't mind paying more for stuff that work's but it is true not cheap especially for a South Dakota country boy that lives on dirt, gravel and minimal tare roads. I have to wash my truck in the grass. the last thing is it might cost more but you don't need to use and probably better to not use a lot of product at a time. I was amazed at the last hose off need to do it again the truck is getting dirty.

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You probably have a nano paint sealant. I had opticoat professionally applied to my truck - basically what you likely have. Supposed to be a semi-permanent product intended to last up to about 5 years. While you can wax such sealants, it's not supposed to be necessary.
Opti-Coat is actually a permanent coating with an indefinite life assuming proper care. It's very different from a nano sealant. Only way to remove it is with abrasives or paint removers like polishing. You're essentially adding another layer of clear coat onto your existing clear coat. If you notice diminished beading over time with it, a light claying or decontamination with Iron-X can be used.

You can still apply waxes or sealants over it, but yes it is not necessary. You would merely be doing it for the joy of waxing or trying out new products. They will only last for a couple weeks though over Opti-Coat.

Last edited:

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess I was mostly concerned you (or anyone else with a long term sealant) might think the wax wasn't as good as it is.

I haven't used the Adams detail spray, YET. I need to place an order soon, and that's one of the things I want.

I haven't had problems with water spots - washing in the shade (critical), using a drying towel & detail spray, and a blower.

I am looking forward to using the Adams spray (and the sealant on wheels, SVT on tires, etc, etc)

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is good to know so I basicly can buy 5 gallons of detail spray and smile my ass off. I need the vrt and stuff like that but not having to wax a truck that get's dirty 3 min after washing makes me smile. I have a small scratch in my door

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

I guess I was mostly concerned you (or anyone else with a long term sealant) might think the wax wasn't as good as it is.

I haven't used the Adams detail spray, YET. I need to place an order soon, and that's one of the things I want.

I haven't had problems with water spots - washing in the shade (critical), using a drying towel & detail spray, and a blower.

I am looking forward to using the Adams spray (and the sealant on wheels, SVT on tires, etc, etc)

you will love it and we will get another amazing I guarantee it.

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Opti-Coat is actually a permanent coating with an indefinite life assuming proper care. It's very different from a nano sealant. Only way to remove it is with abrasives or paint removers like polishing. You're essentially adding another layer of clear coat onto your existing clear coat. If you notice diminished beading over time with it, a light claying or decontamination with Iron-X can be used.

Sorry for not being clear; I was thinking of the nano being semi-perm.

Again, mostly concerned about a good product falsely appearing to not hold up well over the sealant.

Thanks for clarifying.

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry for not being clear; I was thinking of the nano being semi-perm.

Again, mostly concerned about a good product falsely appearing to not hold up well over the sealant.

Thanks for clarifying.
I understand that, prep is key when applying anything. Seen many times were people complain about something not lasting long, and more often than not it because they didn't prep right.

Didn't mean my post to come off as slamming you if it did.

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Used the Adams detail spray when I dried my wife's Outback today. She went to get something out of the car & came back in and said, "it smells like somebody just took a shower in the garage"

(She only gets the high end nicely scented shampoos...)