accessory holder under center console lid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RedTailHawk

RedTailHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would have liked if the ginormous console also had some sort of divider system. As Birdman pointed out, various stuff gathers in there and for me turns into a mess and still have wasted space. What I have done so far is to place a small canvas tool bag in the console with my maglite next to it. Still hoping to figure out a better system. For the lid, totally agree, what was the design team thinking??? The molle idea sounds workable but I'm not yet 100% on going this way yet.

The center console was designed to also hold hanging file folders. Not only the width but at each end (front and rear) is a little channel for the metal hangers on the file folders to slide.

Helps me keep my center console organized. I have three hanging file folders. One for all my cables (iphone, usb, etc) and accessory adapters, another for note pads, parking tags, etc, and the third for my iTSX OBD II and 5 Star papers. These folders sit neatly to the side so I can easily access the contents down in the console, like SOG knife, Biometric handgun safe, etc.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 130

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here's my new Maxpedition organizer installed in the lid of the center console. All it took was a Dremel to remove the so-called cell phone pocket and some sticky-back industrial strength Velcro.

Attachments

• HPIM0148.jpg
    HPIM0148.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 163

LVdezertdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's my new Maxpedition organizer installed in the lid of the center console. All it took was a Dremel to remove the so-called cell phone pocket and some sticky-back industrial strength Velcro.

I am liking this alot. Nice work. I dont have my tray anymore since I installed the safe so I am looking to do something.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am liking this alot. Nice work. I dont have my tray anymore since I installed the safe so I am looking to do something.

It does not hold quite as much as I'd like because it's perfectly flat and has no give at the sides - no bellows effect. It's awfully handy all the same - good for small items as I've shown in the photo. I found it at LA Police Gear and it's made by Maxpedition.

Last edited:

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It look like you can take the lid off and replace it with a different lid that you like or have specially made I wish I could get paid for typing.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It look like you can take the lid off and replace it with a different lid that you like or have specially made I wish I could get paid for typing.

Four Phillips heas screws allow the removal of the lid, and six Torx screws allow the removal of the inside of the lid. As for having something specially made, why would you do that if you could make it yourself?