GEN 2 E&G Console Safe Install: A World Class Goat Rope

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waveslayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took me about 2 hours to install mine and two people. The base plate got bent sliding it in, making it impossible to reach with the bolts. After bending it a few times, finally got it. The lid is stiff, but I just got it. I like it.

Juat need to mess with improving some lighting down there now. Also, maybe a hole to run a few power cords ...

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

Speeddeacon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took me about 2 hours to install mine and two people. The base plate got bent sliding it in, making it impossible to reach with the bolts. After bending it a few times, finally got it. The lid is stiff, but I just got it. I like it.

Juat need to mess with improving some lighting down there now. Also, maybe a hole to run a few power cords ...

Did you lift the console up with a pry bar or what exactly caused it to bend?

Does the factory tray fit after the install, I've read for some it doesn't on the Raptor.

waveslayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you lift the console up with a pry bar or what exactly caused it to bend?

Does the factory tray fit after the install, I've read for some it doesn't on the Raptor.
Tray fits fine!

I lifted it up yes, not sure, just the left side of it, driver side, got bent. I had to bend it back, took about an hour to finally get the bolts all in.

I love it though, I have some LED lights coming to put it in

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Tray fits fine!

I lifted it up yes, not sure, just the left side of it, driver side, got bent. I had to bend it back, took about an hour to finally get the bolts all in.

I love it though, I have some LED lights coming to put it in

Glad you're happy with the overall fitment and product!

bozowise

Reaction score
I installed mine today in 45 min. Everything went well and 2” screws allowed me to do the job myself since they would reach the plate without anyone holding it up.

waveslayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Drifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds awesome- I’ll give it a shot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk