Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

A littme more on the Fastest Ford F150 to be built

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by richnot, Sep 21, 2020.

1. richnot

richnot Full Access Member

That was one thing that I had mentioned in another post, the price of making the green power producing equipment. There was a special on wind farms and it was mostly about the wind turbine and making it. Parts were from all over the world and some were shipped by sea freight which runs on fuel, the airplanes like the ANTONOV AN-124 that delivered other items and the foundry that manufactured the gearbox`s used. It makes you wonder how much the cost is and impact is on just making it. They did mention that one blade was over a half a million $$$ Here is a cost link for a few different types of blades. The NREL put together the overall cost by breaking it down to every single product used in weight, volume, waste, time and labor.
    I don't even put the cost of screws, glue or nails into a home project, I just add the usual 15% extra and then double that and it still comes out costing more than I thought it would lol

https://www.nrel.gov/docs/fy19osti/73585.pdf

01Moch1 likes this.
  2. CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor FRF Addict

Don't be scared of the future bro!

3. smurfslayer

smurfslayer Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77

To me, the big question is:

Will we get wireless charging for the electric F150?

I have it on my iPhone, so why not on the F150? As a side bonus, the charging pad could double as a theft deterrent.

4. DFS

DFS Full Access Member

EV is only the future for gov subsidized business ( owned by some senators son or friend of), power has to be harnessed or generated (it cannot be created from nothing), and until thermodynamics are irrelevant sending 330,000,000 people about their day on EV's isn't happening. Unless they get rid of private transport and send you to your Amazon/gov job on a cattle car (hello green new deal)
    1. coal power cars need enough power to charge them! (NOT ENOUGH WIND)
    2. batteries are very toxic and hazardous to produce (is mining zero emissions yet?) I work in mining and answer is no
    3. How do we implement a large enough charging infrastructure to accommodate demand (should it be mandated by big brother) think physical charging stations
    4. We still don't have good way to dispose of these used batteries

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    GordoJay, FordTechOne and Badgertits like this.
  5. Raptor18Actual

Raptor18Actual Full Access Member

I personally am looking forward to using the 3 seashells

6. FDHog

FDHog Full Access Member

If they put a bathroom at every charging station it would be great for us seniors who have to stop and pee every 100 miles, which is about as far as the cars and our bladder could make it.

Badgertits, isis and CoronaRaptor like this.
  7. CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor FRF Addict

Just get a better quality manufacturer of your depends.
    [​IMG]

8. jeanco

jeanco Full Access Member

in 20 years hydrogen will be replacing electric!
    how you dispose a battery?

9. CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor FRF Addict

Hopefully recycle it somehow.

10. BC119

BC119 Full Access Member

Open minds, friends. Tech changes rapidly, electric comes with some serious benefits in specific situations.

Dedicated natural gas power generation will always be more efficient at converting chemical potential energy into end work than your new truck.

Public opinion should be for developing these new hybrid/ full electric technologies, not crying for MAH V8 SoUnD. Transportation is a serious chunk of all emissions.