A littme more on the Fastest Ford F150 to be built

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Richard Hinsley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was working in Ballard (Seattle) and saw a guy messing with his Tesla.charger. he said it would only charge halfway and then stop. He has a 25ft cord across his driveway onto the sidewalk with a plastic 'ramp'over it for people to walkover. We're a long way from having infrastructure to charge everyone's cars. In the meantime our country's roads and bridges are falling apart.

OP
OP
richnot

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just Released. Here is the latest on the new battery technology for Tesla, 1,100 hp 520 mi range 200 mph top speed and ZERO TO SIXTY in less than 2 seconds ? What traction system is holding that car down?

https://addarmor.com/

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL! Did anyone else notice at 0:11 in the video it says "try to avoid water higher than the BOTTOM OF THE HUBS and proceed slowly." BAHAHAHAHAHA as it blasts through a mud hole....

OP
OP
richnot

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL! Did anyone else notice at 0:11 in the video it says "try to avoid water higher than the BOTTOM OF THE HUBS and proceed slowly." BAHAHAHAHAHA as it blasts through a mud hole....
Yea, I did see that and wondered wtf? Don`t go through a carwash and get the undercarriage treatment it will void your warranty lol

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Open minds, friends. Tech changes rapidly, electric comes with some serious benefits in specific situations.

Dedicated natural gas power generation will always be more efficient at converting chemical potential energy into end work than your new truck.

Public opinion should be for developing these new hybrid/ full electric technologies, not crying for MAH V8 SoUnD. Transportation is a serious chunk of all emissions.

You’re another one just not getting it. The EVs are “creating emissions” through the electricity generated to charge their batteries (generated @ incinerator plants/coal fed etc) through the mining/refining process necessary to produce the batteries, & then the black eye that they can’t be fully recycled & there are more hazardous byproducts created in that process as well.

I like hybrid tech tho- always have. Makes sense. Much more sense than EV only or gas only for that matter.

Gov Newsom has all the answers though, I mean look at how well he’s run CA thus far!

https://www.politico.com/states/cal...ia-ban-on-new-gas-fueled-cars-by-2035-1317947

OP
OP
richnot

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’re another one just not getting it. The EVs are “creating emissions” through the electricity generated to charge their batteries (generated @ incinerator plants/coal fed etc) through the mining/refining process necessary to produce the batteries, & then the black eye that they can’t be fully recycled & there are more hazardous byproducts created in that process as well.

I like hybrid tech tho- always have. Makes sense. Much more sense than EV only or gas only for that matter.

Gov Newsom has all the answers though, I mean look at how well he’s run CA thus far!

https://www.politico.com/states/cal...ia-ban-on-new-gas-fueled-cars-by-2035-1317947

Who is going to pay for all of the technology needed when you plan to have vehicles with internal combustion engines banned? I guess we are like it or not.

There is a lot of machinery trying full electric for power. Like the quoted post mentions where do the materials come from to make the batteries? How do you recycle a 3.4 ton battery pack like the one used in this link? A lot of mining equipment is/was run on electric motors and you can see the giant extension cords that were used to get the power to them, but where did the power come from and how is it generated.
I think a lot of issues need to be addressed from A to Z. After reading about the wind generator and what materials are needed just to build it, none of it is accomplished with all clean energy, so you need dirty power to help generate clean power, which can take a long time of 20 plus years to cover it`s initial cost.

I have solar on my house and just to cover the cost of purchase and installation the expected time was to be 15 years and then the selling price of the generated SRECS went into the toilet. I'm still glad I have it.

It almost seems like trying to solve a problem backwards, maybe start on both ends

https://www.constructionmanagermagazine.com/worlds-largest-electric-excavator-developed/

Last edited:

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I personally want to see the government give employers tax breaks for running work from home programs. You move to zero transportation emissions due to commute when you eliminate the commute. You also reduce traffic for those that must still go to work, which should lower costs of maintaining roads, accidents, accidents and such. The only offset is that you might be increasing electrical use in residential homes, since they will be occupied all day.

UWMad

Reaction score
I wonder when the grid will be able to handle even a 25% adoption rate for electric vehicles, cali cant even handle it when people turn on their ac... What happens when pg&e shuts the power off for a few days? Do people then just have to stay home?

It is the future but it seems as though many are putting the cart before the horse

Maybe at some point we can make hydrogen plants efficient enough to be "green"

OP
OP
richnot

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally want to see the government give employers tax breaks for running work from home programs. You move to zero transportation emissions due to commute when you eliminate the commute. You also reduce traffic for those that must still go to work, which should lower costs of maintaining roads, accidents, accidents and such. The only offset is that you might be increasing electrical use in residential homes, since they will be occupied all day.
Just look at what the impact of COVID-19 has had on pollution. I still remember reading about the change in pollution following 9/11 without any air travel

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/22/worl...essed the most substantial drops in pollution.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about this end of the world clock in NYC? https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/2020/09/21/climate-change-metronome-clock-nyc/

Not that there are many regular people around to see it anymore ;) Thanks to AOC's scientific mind!