A Ford tech's take on "THE CLUNK" (THE ONE and ONLY CLUNK THREAD)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
. Four bolts and it's in and out.

Hey, I went by the dealer and handed my writer the TSB and he got the TRANS TECH to look the truck over and they claimed a part was ordered. He gave me no garrantee as to when but its a start.

BDRAG

Last edited:

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TSB has been issued...

And this is why FRF is the shit!

I tell the wifey to call all her Raptor customers who have reported the clunk to inform them of this new TSB. She talks to the service manager who pretty much looked at her like she was an idiot and said there is nothing Ford has for the fix (keep in mind this happened today). I just emailed her the PDF TSB and she is marching that thing back to the service manager as I type. I told her he should be lucky it's coming from her instead of some irate customer who found this on his own and would most likely be more prone to shoving it down this guys throat and standing over him saying SEE, What now! Okay, maybe not that dramatic but I would be super pissed if some service manager told me there was no fix and lone and behold I find it on my own over the net of all places..

Last edited:
OP
OP
SOCOMech

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
Hey, I went by the dealer and handed my writer the TSB and he got the TRANS TECH to look the truck over and they claimed a part was ordered. He gave me no garrantee as to when but its a start. He scrawled this part number on my copy of the TSB.

PN# 00BUC 4947 1FTFW1R6XBFA12548 It may be an FA'2548, his writing is as bad as my eyes! HAhahaaaaaaa. Is this the part number the TSB calls for? I can see a HEADACH comming because I don't see that part number anywhere on the TSB.

BDRAG

I'm no longer working at a Ford dealer but I would think that they would be using the 4602-J or 4602-H, depending on if you have a sc or cc. The long code there that starts with 1FT is your VIN#.

DJBP

Reaction score
I printed out the TSB and took it to my local dealer today.

Service writer called a tech up and asked him if the TSB sounded correct. He was like "Yeah, I've heard about what he's (me) talking about."

She ordered the driveshaft and should have it Wednesday/Thursday of next week. We'll see what happens.

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, I went by the dealer and handed my writer the TSB and he got the TRANS TECH to look the truck over and they claimed a part was ordered. He gave me no garrantee as to when but its a start. He scrawled this part number on my copy of the TSB.

PN# 00BUC 4947 1FTFW1R6XBFA12548 It may be an FA'2548, his writing is as bad as my eyes! HAhahaaaaaaa. Is this the part number the TSB calls for? I can see a HEADACH comming because I don't see that part number anywhere on the TSB.

BDRAG

the 1FTFW # is your VIN, the part numbers for the TSB are at the lower left hand side of the TSB, under the heading "Part Number" and "Part Name"

BL3Z-4602-J - Driveshaft 145" WB
BL3Z-4602-H - Driveshaft 133" WB
N800594-S100 - Driveshaft Flange Bolt (4 required)

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
I'm glad that Ford figured out a fix for this issue for you guys. I know some of you this was your only complaint with an otherwise outstanding truck.:)

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
I'm no longer working at a Ford dealer but I would think that they would be using the 4602-J or 4602-H, depending on if you have a sc or cc. The long code there that starts with 1FT is your VIN#.

My Vin? ******* ME! HAhahaaaaaa. SHIT! Thanks. #;*#*'+.....

BDRAG

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had my driveshaft replaced Friday. Drives great; don't even think about it anymore. Hope this is permanent fix. Spent lots of money on this truck - favorite mod so far . . . driveshaft.

Last edited by a moderator: