A Few Problems With New '13

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

charles06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only 3,500 miles on the odometer, and I already have a few issues.

1. INCREDIBLY annoying wind noise from 50 mph and up. Seems to be coming from the upper, right hand side of the roof. If I tilt the sunroof, you can still hear it, so I have to assume it's not a seal on that. Could it be the Sat Radio antannae?

2. Dash rattle from behind glove box at highway speeds.

3. When listening to my iPod, the "Shuffle" function doesn't work properly. I cannot turn it on and off. If it's on, then I choose the "Shuffle" function, press "Off" then "Ok", it doesn't turn off. It stays on but doesn't shuffle songs. The only way I can get it to work is to choose "Play All" from the "Browse" option, then start over. Every time I start the truck, it defaults back to this nonsense, leaving shuffle on but not actually shuffling songs. And no, "Shuffle" is not activated on the actual iPod.

Thoughts?

Thank you,

Charles

EDIT: Issue #3 was corrected by the software update, downloaded from Ford's website. Everything works properly with the radio/iPod, now.

Last edited:

jrodrg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I can comment on is the ipod functionality; it ******* sucks and that's putting it lightly.

I have an ipod touch 4. Every time i start the truck and connect the Ipod I have to hit shuffle and even though it's on I have to tap it on again; sometimes it doesn't take so I have to disconnect the ipod and reconnect it.

Sometimes it freezes so I have to unhook the usb from the truck in the center console and reconnect it.

Some songs skip on the ipod only when playing through MFT interface other wise playing them through the ipod/ headphones they're fine.

The MFT (My Ford Touch) voice commands to play a song or playlist is a joke.

Me: "Play Jarrod's Ipod"

Annoying MFT bitch: "please say a device name like phone......"

Me: "****"

OP
OP
C

charles06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahaha. Thanks for the laughs, but I need some help! This is my first Ford product, and I'm not too impressed.

Anyone else?

jrodrg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol

I'm going to the dealership today about another issue with bubbles in the paint but I'm going to ask them about the Ipod concerns. I think I may have the dash rattle as well but I haven't paid too much attention to it since I have the radio on all the time.

Last edited:

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
They tend to do a good job fixing any rattles I ever have on my Raptor. They have fancy gizmos that find the rattle for them

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Desmo_Pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only 3,500 miles on the odometer, and I already have a few issues.

1. INCREDIBLY annoying wind noise from 50 mph and up. Seems to be coming from the upper, right hand side of the roof. If I tilt the sunroof, you can still hear it, so I have to assume it's not a seal on that. Could it be the Sat Radio antannae?

Thoughts?

Thank you,

Charles

Charles,

Did you ever figure out the wind noise issue? I have a 2013 with the same issue.

Thanks,
Kyle

OP
OP
C

charles06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I did not. The problem with the problem is that it's not constant. It would be really bad on the way to work in the morning, then nothing on the drive home. So you know that when I show up at the dealership, it won't make a noise. But then it'll drive me nuts on the way home.

I'm getting a few things fixed and modified on it currently, and haven't had it for about three weeks. Once I get it back, I'll look into it some more. I'm wondering if it has something to do with temperatures? Maybe if it's colder in the morning, pieces constrict and open gaps?

RapTex

Reaction score
I don't know if mine is the same problem or not, but try turning your A/C off for a minute and back on while your hearing it. When I hear what sounds like wind noise, I turn the A/C off and back on and it stops. Don't really know wheather its wind noise or a damper in the climate control that isn't doing what it is supposed to do some times.

Last edited: