A Few Problems With New '13

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Witchy

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
No I did not. The problem with the problem is that it's not constant. It would be really bad on the way to work in the morning, then nothing on the drive home. So you know that when I show up at the dealership, it won't make a noise. But then it'll drive me nuts on the way home.

I'm getting a few things fixed and modified on it currently, and haven't had it for about three weeks. Once I get it back, I'll look into it some more. I'm wondering if it has something to do with temperatures? Maybe if it's colder in the morning, pieces constrict and open gaps?

When you hear it is it during a windy part of the day? Or is it when the wind is blowing at you instead of with you.

JTK

Reaction score
I also have 2013 and I don't have the wind noise but the rattles were everywhere. I took both driver and passanger side door panels off and taped them up. Also, took the dash apart and taped the loose hoses and wires behind the dash. At 5,000 miles, all the rattles are gone.

-JT

imdubious

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 13 and it is hard to keep off the gas pedal when it's on dirt. It also gets terrible gas mileage when in off road mode. Is this normal?

Mine need new tie rod after 24k go figure that one. Might be my driving thought

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I don't know if mine is the same problem or not, but try turning your A/C off for a minute and back on while your hearing it. When I hear what sounds like wind noise, I turn the A/C off and back on and it stops. Don't really know wheather its wind noise or a damper in the climate control that isn't doing what it is supposed to do some times.

Could also be the A/C Seats. All that really is, is a fan under the seat that blows air on your ass. It makes a lot of noise too that sounds very similar to wind noise.

OP
OP
C

charles06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you hear it is it during a windy part of the day? Or is it when the wind is blowing at you instead of with you.

I understand what you're asking, but I don't think wind has a bearing on it. Starts around 50mph and gets a little louder as I go faster. It's on the passenger side of the truck, but I haven't had a chance to ride there while someone else drives AND it's making the noise.

I'm going to either wait until it gets much worse, or see if I can narrow it down before heading to the dealer.

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The comments from the peanut gallery are typical.... and hilarious!

I wonder if the guys who hear noises drive in silence. Your dealer will definitely fix any issues if they can hear them.

I really haven't noticed any rattles in my truck, except when pounding hard offroad over rocky terrain, but then I always have the stereo on. Noah's level 2B sound system upgrade will definitely drown out any annoyances that crop up.

iPod issues are best resolved by using an audio input jack.

OP
OP
C

charles06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The comments from the peanut gallery are typical.... and hilarious!

I wonder if the guys who hear noises drive in silence. Your dealer will definitely fix any issues if they can hear them.

I really haven't noticed any rattles in my truck, except when pounding hard offroad over rocky terrain, but then I always have the stereo on. Noah's level 2B sound system upgrade will definitely drown out any annoyances that crop up.

iPod issues are best resolved by using an audio input jack.

I hear the whistling even with the radio on. It's obnoxious when radio is low and you're trying to carry on a conversation, or when there's simply that quiet time in between a station/song switch.

The Ford software update fixed the iPod issues I commented on in the first post. Perhaps I should update that...

CA Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a constant wind noise at my right side of the windshield until I changed out my stock antenna whip, with a stubby antenna. Noise situation resolved for me..

2013 Oxford White SCrew…..