93 Oct for 3.5l eco boost twin turbo engines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can you explain please? Or a link about this. Thx.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
The EU rates octane with a RON number - the US rates it as (RON+MON)/2 or AKI (Anti Knock Index). Wikipedia actually does a decent job explaining the different ratings. In the US we use the AKI which is a more meaningful number (IMO) - EU simply uses RON which is far less meaningful on it's own.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating

D

Deleted member 17706

I told the dealership not to fill my truck up with gas when I bought it on 3/31 as I wanted to fill her up myself with 93 octane from Costco (Top Tier gasoline). So I told them make sure I have enough to get me up to the Costco down the road. Sure enough, I filled her up, and was getting 18 mpg on the way home (that’s well over 600 miles on a tank)—I had to drive about 250 miles across Florida to get home. I have been running Costco premium gas for years and all my vehicles have performed great.

You can’t beat Costco’s pricing for premium gas as their pricing is normally close to what regular gas costs at non-wholesale top tier gas stores. Plus if you have the Costco Visa, you get 4% back on Costco gas.

Disclaimer: I really could care less about MPG and the cost of gas. I bought my first Raptor (Gen 1) when gas was nearly $5 a gallon. All I care about is the smiles per gallon and there have been many of those throughout the years. And yes, I may be biased a little bit :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Trent 21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have a small locally owned chain of 5 or 6 Phillips 66 stations around here that have 91 octane with no corn juice in it. I was running Chevron 91 with corn squeezins' all the time. Switched to the no corn juice 91 about 2 months ago. Now when I fill up weekly, my miles remaining went from 535-45 to 585-95 every tank. And I do not drive gently. Always over the speed limit and romping on it whenever I feel like it. Engine runs noticeably smoother and quieter also. I am a big fan of the Techron additive in Chevron and Texaco gas, but I am now a bigger fan of no corn juice. Costs a lot more, but I don't care. Worth it. If you can find it, try it. You will like it.