Boost Gauge Accuracy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all- glad to be back! I took a hiatus from Raptorhood, but just came back with a 2018.

My understanding is under full throttle, it should be hitting about 18PSI of boost. This one doesn't feel as quick as the 2017 I had, and I noticed the boost, if the scale is accurate from 0-20, is only hitting somewhere around 14-15. That's a guess, but that's what it looks like. Certainly not up towards where 18 would seem to be.

Is this what you guys see under full throttle as well, or does it look like 18 should logically look?

Is there another way to check boost pressure that's fairly simple?

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't recall if boost is one of the programmable gauges in the instrument cluster but think so (gauge view). I've been using Access Port for so long I've forgotten.

brianh87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The way I understood it was that the Ford PCM targets load. It will only use whatever boost is needed to get to that load. So it may not always need max psi.