600 miles and already going in to the shop..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

69Mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Copy of the email I sent my sales guy this morning.

------------------------------------------------------
Hey Dave,

I've got some problems with the truck and I think I'm going to have to bring her in..

1) The Navigation: it just doesn't work. The truck constantly thinks it's 500' to the right of where you actually are and because of this it misses turns and constantly thinks you took a wrong turn.. It also will not let you map anything out of the state you're currently in even though I have the auto fill city / state set to NO. Hell, last night the voice to tell you when to take turns wasn't even working.. I have the voice direction option is set to ON.

2) The radio will randomly shut off.. and the only way to get it back on is to shut the truck off, open the door, close the door, and restart the truck... that or the steering wheel buttons & dash buttons will completely stop working the stereo.. only voice will get it to start working again.

3) The heated / cooled seats will not turn on with the auto start. I have the option set to AUTO in dash settings under AUTO start, but they still do not work.

4) The Raptor splash screen is suppose to come up on the NAV screen. I just sat in a buddies 2013 Silver SuperCrew he picked up last week and it did it.

5) There is a clunking / rattle coming from the front suspension.. I know it has offroad shocks that are suppose to make some noise when it is cold out, but it's been north of 60F out the last few days and the sound hasn't changed.

6) Lastly, there is a nasty rattle from the engine on cold starts and when cursing around under light loads.. it almost sounds like a diesel at times.

Do you offer loaners, because my GT is torn apart for upgrades I have been waiting on the Raptor for.. I didn't expect problems with the truck.

Thank you,
Jason

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

He called me within 20 minutes and said I would be getting a call from the service manager today. I received a call from the service manager about 5 minutes after that. If I didn't have a LineX appointment Friday morning they would of taken the truck now, so I'm dropping her off Friday. They are giving me a loaner.

Am I being to critical wanting the above list fixed? :help:

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck. I hope you don't get the typical "dealer warranty run-around"

And to answer your question, no I don't think you are asking for too much.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Copy of the email I sent my sales guy this morning.

------------------------------------------------------
Hey Dave,

I've got some problems with the truck and I think I'm going to have to bring her in..

1) The Navigation: it just doesn't work. The truck constantly thinks it's 500' to the right of where you actually are and because of this it misses turns and constantly thinks you took a wrong turn.. It also will not let you map anything out of the state you're currently in even though I have the auto fill city / state set to NO. Hell, last night the voice to tell you when to take turns wasn't even working.. I have the voice direction option is set to ON.

2) The radio will randomly shut off.. and the only way to get it back on is to shut the truck off, open the door, close the door, and restart the truck... that or the steering wheel buttons & dash buttons will completely stop working the stereo.. only voice will get it to start working again.

3) The heated / cooled seats will not turn on with the auto start. I have the option set to AUTO in dash settings under AUTO start, but they still do not work.

4) The Raptor splash screen is suppose to come up on the NAV screen. I just sat in a buddies 2013 Silver SuperCrew he picked up last week and it did it.

5) There is a clunking / rattle coming from the front suspension.. I know it has offroad shocks that are suppose to make some noise when it is cold out, but it's been north of 60F out the last few days and the sound hasn't changed.

6) Lastly, there is a nasty rattle from the engine on cold starts and when cursing around under light loads.. it almost sounds like a diesel at times.

Do you offer loaners, because my GT is torn apart for upgrades I have been waiting on the Raptor for.. I didn't expect problems with the truck.

Thank you,
Jason

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

He called me within 20 minutes and said I would be getting a call from the service manager today. I received a call from the service manager about 5 minutes after that. If I didn't have a LineX appointment Friday morning they would of taken the truck now, so I'm dropping her off Friday. They are giving me a loaner.

Am I being to critical wanting the above list fixed? :help:

Sorry you have issues with your new Raptor. You're not the first new vehicle owner or Raptor owner to experience some issues early on.

Make sure you post every detail about how the dealer fixed the truck under warranty and how happy you are with the truck, the dealer and Ford.

And please be sure to post a detailed list like that about everything you like in your Raptor.

Bad news travels faster, farther on the internet than any good news. And bad news gets far more attention than good news. Vendors are especially vulnerable to bad news posts.

OP
OP
69Mach1

69Mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'll update when there's something to update.

So far they've been the example of what customer service should be, but calling me is the easy part. Friday will be the real tell.

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

Just found out they're open till 6pm, so I'm going to go drop her off after work tonight.

COMIKE

Reaction score
I am interested in what the dealer says about the rattle/noise on the front suspension! I have 11,800 miles and its been going on since around 8500. Dealer and Ford says its "normal".

c-ne-elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you program the auto start to turn on the heated/cooled seats? I did not think that was possible?

OP
OP
69Mach1

69Mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you program the auto start to turn on the heated/cooled seats? I did not think that was possible?

Yup, it's in the dash display under settings > vehicle > autostart options I believe.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Dropped her off last night. Top notch service so far. They had a loaded 2011 Explorer waiting for me and everything filled out. It's no Raptor, but it's pretty nice.. alittle minivan'ish though.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Only if it is cooler than 30 degrees then heater will come on and warmer than 80 (i think) for cooled seats to work.

Mine had an issue when it was 40 degrees at night when I shut the truck off. And next morning work be 20 degrees the heated seats would not come on. The dealer reflashed and now the computer reads ambient temp during remote start. There was not a TSB or any notes besides reflashed latest strategy per service manual.

-Greg