6.2 L MAGNAFLOW Side Exit Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leadfoot's Orange Crush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys!
I actually got this done immediately after picking up the Truck from my dealer.
No time to post until now, holiday! Ahhhhhh!
Anyhow, my intentions were to go the full 9 yards as all of my Trucks from headers to high-flow cats to dual exhaust out both sides...
First off, the Raptor is too wide for my tuners dyno to get a read on gains.
Second, the cats on the Raptor are nowhere near as restrictive as my previous performance trucks. (Lightning, Harley...) We decided to try out the factory cats and do a cat back system. We did not want to mess with things without dyno.
Upon further observation, we decided to do a side exit system replicating the old Lightning set up with a slightly up swing style. There is not enough room to carry an x-pipe without a horendous bend which would be resrictive and negate the purpose of improving the flow to bring a pipe around the frame down the drivers side. The gas tank is a big obstacle to stay clear of. Even with an oval pipe like in NASCAR we were to proud of the frame which would be torn off on our first off road weekend for sure. The only other option was to cut the frame and weld in a tube to pass the pipe through, which I am not prepared to do to my brand new truck with 8 miles on er' at this time...
After trying out several different mufflers, no muffler, glass packs etc. in the shop, I decided once again to go to my ol' favorite sound & performance MAGNAFLOW.
Very pleased with the overall sound & performance. Relatively subdued until you lean on it , then it comes ALIVE! Muffler far enough back to cut out cab drone.
More PIC's, Video & Sound clips to follow.

We used;
MAGNAFLOW Part#14221
Material: 100% Stainless Steel - Mirror Finish
Body Shape: 5in.x8in. Oval
Inlet/Outlet Size: 3in./2.5in.
Body Length: 14in.
Overall Length: 20in.
Core Size: 3in.
Position: Single/Dual

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...e=main&id=8581

Much THANKS to Sav & The GANG @ NOYZBOYZ Performance Exhaust!
CHEERS!
www.noyzboyz.com

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks good! Bet it sounds good too.

attachment.php

<Edit: replaced the pic with the text on it>

iangol

Reaction score
so nice it was done twice ,,,,, had mine done at the same spot as Leadfoot`s sounds amazzzzing geart rumble and definately more pull through the revs,,,
IMG_0737.jpg

cheers

ian

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
so nice it was done twice ,,,,, had mine done at the same spot as Leadfoot`s sounds amazzzzing geart rumble and definately more pull through the revs,,,
IMG_0737.jpg

cheers

ian

Looks great but it's certainly a concern for those who plan on offroading as the pipes are in a vulnerable place. And if they get pushed up against the underside of the bed it's sure to do some damage. Trust me, I know that from experience with my exhaust.

OP
OP
Leadfoot's Orange Crush

Leadfoot's Orange Crush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great but it's certainly a concern for those who plan on offroading as the pipes are in a vulnerable place. And if they get pushed up against the underside of the bed it's sure to do some damage. Trust me, I know that from experience with my exhaust.

They are even more vulnerable hanging out the back down low taking a steady beating, trust ME!

OP
OP
Leadfoot's Orange Crush

Leadfoot's Orange Crush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The lowest point on our trucks is the skidplates and running boards. Pipes are tucked and flared up.
Notice the frame lower than the pipes...

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I (and you) have banged our skidplates and running boards offroading. The exhaust pipes in the stock location or your location are susceptible to getting banged up too. They look good and as long as you're happy that's all that matters.

I know you and your muffler/exhaust shop spent a lot of time working on your solution and I'm glad it works so well for you. Thanks for sharing your work and results with everyone here.