50k tune-up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with Bane. The plugs are not hard like the old style were. You better call SVU cause you been *****. You gotta go back at them.

COBRA90GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a whim, I checked the Motorcraft part number for the 6.2 plugs on the Advance Auto Parts website and was seeing prices of only $3.69 per plug (which doesn't include the current 10% off online orders of $30 or more promotion that Advance is currently running).

Couldn't locate the COPs online at Advance. Wonder what pricing is like at Rock Auto (too lazy to search there right now LOL).

OP
OP
WarSurfer

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll talk with the service manager tomorrow. They complained about having to work around the headers and the dual upper shock mounts so I don't know how much traction I'll have.

SVTLOPEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I started having intermittent ignition breakdown like bad plugs or a failing coil so I bit the bullet and dropped it off at my dealer for new plugs and coils.

I was not prepared for the prison **** that followed... $3,200 for a tune-up and one bad o2 sensor. The plugs alone were $600.

I will say though I had no idea just how bad it was performing power wise. Much better now.

I'm coming up on 50k as well. What kind of issues were you having? I might be having the same issues of u can take a look at my threads I have posted, thanks

Krab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy Jesus! That's steep for the work done. I replaced my plugs a few months back (16 for the 6.2) and it wasn't that bad. Did they at least throw in some petroleum jelly with that ass ******?? Phack!

OP
OP
WarSurfer

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Holy Jesus! That's steep for the work done. I replaced my plugs a few months back (16 for the 6.2) and it wasn't that bad. Did they at least throw in some petroleum jelly with that ass ******?? Phack!

I got raked over the coals for sure. We've spent a lot of money at that dealership, one would think they'd take care of me.

The doc's have been tweaking my prescriptions so I've been too sick to go yell at them. I'm over it, a new dealer opened up much closer to the house so we are going there now - we already bought a new vehicle from them.

Eff Ted Britt in Chantilly.

Krab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the health issues. At one point, we all deal with that. Hope your situation improves soon. Good luck getting some type of refund or something from that dealer.