502A Tow Mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
Hey all, it's camping season and I'm using my Raptor to tow our travel trailer. I had some full loaded tow mirrors that I kept from my 2017 Lariat that had the 502A tech package. I also kept the matching window switch that allows me to extend and fold mirrors. My Lariat was plug and play with these.
I thought it would be thewith my 2020 Raptor, it has the same harness, but I now have a check engine light and they don't extend. Only folding feature works. I also noticed the LED lights don't work. Anyone know if this can be addressed with Forscan and if it has been done.
I'd hate to get rid of the mirrors and even changed the mirror cover to match my truck and no dice.

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

Stroked out

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Temp sensor is your check engine. Idk think these trucks were wired for power xtend. Led lights(assuming your talking about puddle lights) should be working. I would check forscan . Idk what package your truck is or what was changed for 20 model year. It's been a few years since swapping mine. Even a door module for a 800 package can be wired for puddle lights.

OP
OP
OEMPlus Raptor

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
Your right. I just looked on the radio and it has no outside temp reading.

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The power extend uses the relays that are used for our upfitters. They are wired to the door on the non raptor but obviously wired to our upfitters on the raptor. So that’s why they won’t extend.

Depending on the year of your raptor and mirrors, the external temp sensor was moved from the grill to the passenger mirror. Sounds like you tow mirrors don’t have the sensor hence the code.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
I’m zero help in this department, but do you have pics with the tow mirrors on the truck? I’ve actually considered this myself.

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m zero help in this department, but do you have pics with the tow mirrors on the truck? I’ve actually considered this myself.

Should’ve been an option IMO. Not sure why Ford still makes the half tons with the crappy standard mirrors. Why not make something a bit smaller than the SD tow mirrors that includes a standard mirror/spot mirror combo like what Toyota did back when.