5 star?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wheela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can anyone with a 6.2 with the 87performance tune answer a question for me, I put it on last night and Ive noticed the shift points in the higher gears are a little strange, pre-tune it would shift to 6th while cruising right at 40mph, with the tune it does it at about 47mph now, so from 40-46 it cruises basically 1.5k rpms in 5th, is that normal? not a big thing cause I just drive in manual mode and shift it down myself but just wanted to know, thanks.

Last edited:

RatedSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Guys I have a question. Maybe more for Mike but I'm really used to my 93 octane performance tune. When I first got it I was like "holy crap" now, I'm like," ho hum" ! I'm looking for more "Holy Crap". Let me explain....

If the transmission is adaptive to your driving style and you went a couple of weeks without really hammering it and just drove normal, wouldn't your performance tune slip into "Sunday driver" tune ?

Can you re flash the tune and get that feeling back? OR is it other performance mods only?

Im thinking performance mods only. It happens to everyone, you get use to the power and it starts to feel like you need more power. The only cure is more cow bell... lol my bad I meant more parts. Just my .02:peace: