5-link-rear-suspension-conversion-for-gen-2-raptors anyone has done this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My question still remain the same, WHY? $20G+other parts plus labor to do a conversion! Just go get yourself a new Raptor with it done from the factory by the Ford engineers with all of their R & D and a warranty plus the whole truck is up to date not only just the rear suspension.
You'd be shocked to know that there are Gen 3 dudes (a Raptor R even) that are going with the SVC 4 link and ripping out the OEM 5 link...

Sheeepdog18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'd be shocked to know that there are Gen 3 dudes (a Raptor R even) that are going with the SVC 4 link and ripping out the OEM 5 link...
That's because those dudes have so much money in their bank roll that they just wanted to be different while driving to the Starbuck for a take out latte after they get their trucks detailed from driving over a water puddle.

wazatataza

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My question still remain the same, WHY? $20G+other parts plus labor to do a conversion! Just go get yourself a new Raptor with it done from the factory by the Ford engineers with all of their R & D and a warranty plus the whole truck is up to date not only just the rear suspension.
Just make the 4 link out of pvc pipes from Home Depot. Paint it back and no one will ever know.

mattl600

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's because those dudes have so much money in their bank roll that they just wanted to be different while driving to the Starbuck for a take out latte after they get their trucks detailed from driving over a water puddle.

No exactly. They want the best.
We ran a Gen 3 5 link and my SVC 4 link through the same section of whoops at the same speeds and the results were dramatically different.

I haven’t even had a proper shock tune yet either.

DAVfoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Evil has a 3 link with panhard (4 link kinda) which keeps stock gas tank and has beefy lower links which can run coilovers and bypass in parallel. That will be my plan at some point. Supposedly 26" strapped. I'd strap at 20-22 just to be safe with the driveshaft.