37's are on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
so what tires are on a stock raptor and rims so I know people ask me all the time I just say who the hell cares or look I didn't buy the truck for the tires. I wear boot's

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I started a thread about tire Clearance at full compression here;
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?t=15219
In rock crawling, we frequently ran 1" body lifts for an extra bit of clearance. These were often high quality aluminum pucks, not the typical injection molded stuff.
Anyhow, based on my experience detailed in the thread above, I think a 1" body lift could be the hot ticket for clearing aggressive 35's or 37's when the tires get completely stuffed. It would probably be easier and cheaper than modifying the wheel wells for clearance.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I started a thread about tire Clearance at full compression here;
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?t=15219
In rock crawling, we frequently ran 1" body lifts for an extra bit of clearance. These were often high quality aluminum pucks, not the typical injection molded stuff.
Anyhow, based on my experience detailed in the thread above, I think a 1" body lift could be the hot ticket for clearing aggressive 35's or 37's when the tires get completely stuffed. It would probably be easier and cheaper than modifying the wheel wells for clearance.

I agree, the soft stock mounts cause a lot of the bed dancing. I know Greg Foutz and others use aluminum pucks to firm up cab mounts for the roll cage. On a daily driver you would have a shit ton more NHV (noise, harshness, and viberation).

-Greg

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are running solid body mounts, yes you would have more nhv transmitted to the cab. However, unless you are caged and tied into the frame, you do not need solid mounts. The 1" aluminum pucks we used are stacked on the stock body bushings, so the stock body isolation is retained.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you are running solid body mounts, yes you would have more nhv transmitted to the cab. However, unless you are caged and tied into the frame, you do not need solid mounts. The 1" aluminum pucks we used are stacked on the stock body bushings, so the stock body isolation is retained.

Well thats a horse of a different color.. That works!

-Greg

OP
OP
C

chriskent85

Reaction score
well here's the pics after the body lift. the only thing i havent lifted is the wicked front bumper, I will need them to make me a new skid plate if i do lift it. Give me some input guys, I dont thing it looks bad. Its going Monday to get the mid perch done.

photobucket-10023-1343597432331.jpg

photobucket-2974-1343597377857.jpg

photobucket-8573-1343597404663.jpg

photobucket-3943-1343597390961.jpg

Oh and a side not, I ordered +12, I got 4 boxes that say +12, I measured +12. end of story

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i am not normally a fan of body lifts but i dont think the lift looks bad. with mid perch it will sit very nice. i will say this for a truck that will be 90%+ on the street that is a very good inexpensive option. to obtain that height on these trucks with suspension they want an arm and a leg and a 1st born, there also isnt many options either like there is for ur average truck...