37 Yokohama Geolandar A/T S

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thinking about these to replace the 35x18 MTR's. Would be nice to have another inch or more of clearance for the bigger rocks. Does anyone run these? The cool factor is of no consequence to me plus with all of the highway my bird eats these will pick up some MPG as well.

Have not tried the Yokohama’s on one of my trucks in about 20 years lol. Thinking the 37x12.50/18 should work well on the top perch.

Any thoughts or insight good and bad?

blood

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had them on my 2000 f350 not that size but they were the best tire I ever ran.
When I need new tires that is what I'm looking to get.no noise and road smooth.

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It will look great for sure. You may need to do some trimming of plastic in the fender wells but other than that you should be good to go.

OP
OP
Boss Hoss

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was looking under the front and it looks like there is enough room --- one thing I have learned over the years is big lugged tires of the same size as a non lugged tire generally clear better at full turn. Since these are 12.50's just like the MTR's maybe I will get lucky.

Was hoping that someone here had run them.

rhino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was looking for my 37s I had a hell of a time finding 37x12.50x18 in the BFG KM2 as I originally planned to use(national back order). The yokohama was one of the tires I could find but ultimately I decided to stay with BFG and go 37x12.50x17. I have driven many trucks in the shop for work that were on the Yokohamas and it seems to be a nice tire on road and from what I have seen they do ok off road as well.

Regardless once you go 37 you won't look back. It looks like it should have been there all along. The top perch is not a harsh ride at all and I could'nt be happier. Now if my rear springs would show up it would be great to have the truck level again.

Good Luck

OP
OP
Boss Hoss

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I was looking for my 37s I had a hell of a time finding 37x12.50x18 in the BFG KM2 as I originally planned to use(national back order). The yokohama was one of the tires I could find but ultimately I decided to stay with BFG and go 37x12.50x17. I have driven many trucks in the shop for work that were on the Yokohamas and it seems to be a nice tire on road and from what I have seen they do ok off road as well.

Regardless once you go 37 you won't look back. It looks like it should have been there all along. The top perch is not a harsh ride at all and I could'nt be happier. Now if my rear springs would show up it would be great to have the truck level again.

Good Luck

Thanks and the springs will make it seem like a different truck! Thought about the Goodriches and I had a bad experience with the last set. Tore a sidewall the first day at the ranch---not all the way through but had a nice "flap" on the side. Had driven that road too many times to count with no trouble but we had had some spring rains and it had washed a little. The Cummins makes the front end pretty heavy and the exposed limestone in the washed out area sliced it like a knife lol!

The BFG is a lot more money but if they were load range E I would be almost ready to try them on this truck but both the Yoko and the BFG in 37x18 are D range.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yokohama and dunlap are my favorite tire but that is on atv I have not looked for a dunlap in a pickup tire and don't even know if their is such a thing.