36 Gallon Tank Availability

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Craigy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any confirmed specs, or just speculation on availability of the 36 gallon tank, extended cab vs supercrew?

Last go round you had to opt for the supercrew to get the big tank. And outside of the Raptor typically had to opt for a long-enough 4x4 model to get the big tank.

Right now, the only F150 that doesn't have the 36 gallon extended range tank as an option is the 122" wheelbase (i.e. regular cab, short bed). Raptor scab is going to be 133" and the screw 145". Presumably the supercrew will get the big tank but I am curious if the scab will as well.

D

Deleted member 12951

Are you asking about the 2017? No news on final specs yet and anything you hear is made up stuff. I heard three options; 26, 36, and 48 now that the suspension comes with 3.0's.

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Geeze, 48, that will cost a lot to fill if gas gets back up to $4. With 15 MPG, I guy could go nearly 700 miles on a tank.

D

Deleted member 12951

Went right past me, must of have been funnier writing it. :) 3.0's are also a rumor that you started? ;)

"No news on final specs yet and anything you hear is made up stuff"....

Actually, its 3.5's and the drink holder will come with its own tumblers so you can lay them down to either keep cold or hot.

OP
OP
C

Craigy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A 48 gal tank would be incredible. :biggrin: I think I'd only have to stop for gas once a month. At what point do you have to get a hazardous delivery license? ;)

Yeah none of the press releases have said anything about fuel capacity.

I would presume though that the supercrew will continue to have the big tank like the 1st gen. Scab is just a complete guess though. Hoping for the full 36gal in both trucks.

I wouldn't put it past Ford though to reduce the tank size on both, in the name of performance to save weight or something. That would be very disappointing.

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

The 2016 F-150 has either 23 or 36, and it looks like 36 gallons are available on SCAB and SCREW.

I hope that carries over to Raptor.

From what I understand, the shortest SCAB Ford currently sells is a 145" wheelbase. The Raptor in both forms gets the 5.5' box, for a 133" wheelbase on the SCAB, and 145" on the supercrew. Big tank on the Scab might not make the cut.

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"No news on final specs yet and anything you hear is made up stuff"....

Actually, its 3.5's and the drink holder will come with its own tumblers so you can lay them down to either keep cold or hot.

Now you are just stealing Nissan's thunder for your own rumor milling. :)

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

What have I started.....

I think the 2017 was runored to have dual 36 gallon tanks, so 72 total, and with the planned MPG of 45MPG, that is a lot of miles before empty. :ROFLJest: