3/7 Squad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AutoXRacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mechanical breakdown insurance. Only a handful of insurance companies offer it. Similar to an extended warranty, you pay a deductible and can have the truck fixed anywhere of your choosing.

and the obligatory pic of the new truck
View attachment 349501
Geez!! You sure you can close that door? Lol

Very nice!! Are those factory size wheels and tires or did you go bigger?

ljohnson38

Reaction score
Mechanical breakdown insurance. Only a handful of insurance companies offer it. Similar to an extended warranty, you pay a deductible and can have the truck fixed anywhere of your choosing.

View attachment 349501
Looks nice! I have a oxford white 37 hopefully on the way!

bzogster

Reaction score

View attachment 349501

My problem with Geico MBI is that you have to stay with them for the whole term. It may be pretty cheap to add, but you’re paying for nothing the first 3 years and then you are at their mercy in terms of rate. I switch insurance every 2 years because the companies jack up the rates. I typically save about $300 a year by switching. Have you not had this problem with Geico? I’ve gone from Geico to Progressive to AAA and back to Progressive because of rate hikes (zero claims or tickets, just the “introductory” rate going away).

gkrane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck was originally scheduled for delivery on the 4th and then the 11th. FP just sent me this:

Your Raptor is in transit on rail, last scanned in Dearborn Truck, MI. There is a listed transit delay in the tracker at this time. Current ETA to dealer is listed at April 11th, however given the transit delay, I do not know how long that may affect shipping.

This is just nuts.

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck was originally scheduled for delivery on the 4th and then the 11th. FP just sent me this:

Your Raptor is in transit on rail, last scanned in Dearborn Truck, MI. There is a listed transit delay in the tracker at this time. Current ETA to dealer is listed at April 11th, however given the transit delay, I do not know how long that may affect shipping.

This is just nuts.
Once the truck is on the train, I feel like FP doesn't have as much insight. FP told me my truck was in West Chicago, and my dealer called me the same day and said it was in Denver. However the ETA for the truck arriving at the dealer was dead on.

gkrane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once the truck is on the train, I feel like FP doesn't have as much insight. FP told me my truck was in West Chicago, and my dealer called me the same day and said it was in Denver. However the ETA for the truck arriving at the dealer was dead on.
Well that's good news!

ljohnson38

Reaction score

This is just nuts.
I was supposed to have a delivery date of 4/4/22 also but it's still "in production" on a chip hold. Did you have a chip hold and if so, how long was the hold? Thanks!

gkrane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was supposed to have a delivery date of 4/4/22 also but it's still "in production" on a chip hold. Did you have a chip hold and if so, how long was the hold? Thanks!
I did not have a chip hold. I had my build day pushed back about 5 times though.